DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 volt Alternator setup for dragster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 volt Alternator setup for dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted
I have a new 16 volt alternator with brackets that simply won't fit my dragster.

It is a full size alternator. Any pics of what bracket system you are using on a dragster?

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://ecae.com/product/east-...2402-alternator-kit/

I've used this one a few times.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That bracket is on both my dragster and Firebird.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Go to Powermaster web site. They have a bunch of different brackets with drawings and measurements so you can find one that will work perfectly.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Call East Coast Alternator, Jack will get you the right setup.

Posts: 8 | Location: Near Numidia | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joey Jr.:
Call East Coast Alternator, Jack will get you the right setup.

Depending on the width of your lower frame rails you might have to alter one, but theirs are best I've used. Took a couple trips to the parts store trying various belt lengths to get it just right.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a dry sump on my dragster. I flipped my alternator around and run it on the passenger side. It just runs in reverse.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I use the moroso bracket that holds the alternator and vac pump. I also have a dry sump and it doesn't interfere.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The part number is 63838 and it fits a miezere water pump. Hope this helps.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/C718:
The part number is 63838 and it fits a miezere water pump. Hope this helps.

I use a Meizere water pump also, so I will check it out, thanks.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jones racing products and his mini 16 volt alternator. Its a little bracket that is shaped like a C, bolt it to the front of the motor plate. Best parts i've run across in this racing game. Dude's name is Chris. Hes been great to work with over the years has really nice stuff.

Posts: 375 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post