DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Roots blower carbs or injection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roots blower carbs or injection
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The throttle plates are affected on most all hat style injectors. Two things to consider, alot of applications using these such as tad and tafc idle at 2000 which is a big enough leak it's not as bad and most all of the hats I've worked on took a pretty stout spring to keep it on the stop. So the smaller the combo/idle the worse this could be.
Good luck.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
With my four blade hat I have return springs on both ends of the throttle shaft, also adjustable air bleeds just above the blower in the hat helped with idle stability.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I currently run a 441 sbc with a 8-71 high helix and use the same 2 1000 cfm APD carbs that were on my NA sbc. At 14.5% under driven it makes 5-6 psi and 989hp at 9% under driven it makes 7-8psi and 1037hp and at 6% under driven it makes 9-10 psi and 1148hp. The carbs work great on my deal. I do not have to change jets if I change pulleys, just change the pulley and go. I have very little blower surge, as in most people do not know it has a blower until I raise the front end, since it does not stick up through my hood. I thought I would eventually switch it over to injection once I got it running well, but at this point I am staying with the carbs.

Posts: 35 | Location: Gilmer, TX | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post