Find
Notify
Tools

gearing choices
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
First lets just forgett I have FED and 99.9% here that have dragster are RED's.

What gears are you using transmission low and rear end. Weight and HP if know.

Running 1.69 low with 4,10 right now. I have 4.30 sitting here but thinking going other way give more wheel spd but also less tq to tire at hit. Again it is fed and very little relates to RED except both call dragsters.LOL Asking because buddy and I talking while working on car. got me to wondering little more.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I have FED and 99.9% here that have dragster are RED's very little relates to RED except both call dragsters.

So why are you asking here? You should be asking at a nostalgia website, here…

http://www.frontenginedragster...x.php/board,8.0.html

AGAIN, this is Bracket Talk, you don’t have a bracket car and are not a bracket racer!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I gotta agree with Ed here, but for what it's worth I ran a 4.10 with a 1.80 in a FED that went 5.20's. 4.10 vs 4.30 isn't going to make a huge difference, especially if the car never makes it down a track.

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yellow Ticket…KNOWS!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reply.

I am not asking about gear for FED. I only mention it to keep it from becoming part of why what others run will not work in FED. I know full well red and fed react different which is why I never ask what I should do to mine. I ask for info just to get info, not what to do with my stuff.

Never said I was changing gears. I did mention having 4.30 and can see why thought I mean I was changing. I am not looking to change nothing till see how this works. I am getting spare parts when find deal that I might want to try later. Hell 3.90 gear closer to getting tried next before 4.30.

Not every question means I want to know if it will work in FED. Some are just for information. May or may not be useful at later date.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I'm 75 and not sure I will still be alive to read about when you actually made a number of runs that were even remotely close or competitive

The only thing you win is endless posts asking about mostly meaningless BS

Sorry but I am on my third beer and my filter just shut off.....LOL

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I'm 75 and not sure I will still be alive to read about when you actually made a number of runs that were even remotely close or competitive

Quoted for the fucing TRUTH!

Falling of chair laughing SCDIV1…really KNOWS about this backwoods idiot!

The FORCE IS STRONG WITH HIM!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry but I am on my third beer and my filter just shut off.....LOL

Well gald I could give you something to do today. Maybe I can give reason to live little longer.

I did not know filter was what they called it now days. Congradulations being able to do that at 75.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I was up at dawn..

Worked on yard till about 1 cleaning up 40-50 years of bushes overgrowing the fence line on one side of property.

Once it gets 85-90 degrees I shut down...get some rest and a few beers while watching NHRA racing...

You're just a little side entertainment.... Laughing Hard

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell congrads on handling heat that long the **** kills me. that why sitting here bored. AC in shop is on but hard to recover right now.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I hate to tell you this but I do not think anyone can help you on this or any other forum.

Because your car is different that and very few FED's are even close to same. On mine I had to go through five different tire changes, moved weight around a lot and stiffened chassis. On mine (Your mileage may vary) Tire pressure was critical.

I did run the 1.80 straight cut gears and I tried a 4.10 and a 4.30 with little to no difference there. So if I was you as long as you are close on gearing I would look other places.

Most of the Rear engine dragster bracket cars are very similar. Very few FED's if any are the same. Also as you know chassis flex on a hardtail can make you or break you. I know many that are like spaghetti they are so flexible. Mine seemed to work better the stiffer it was.

One other thing is you want to do things different than everyone else and I understand that but only you can determine what it is doing. 1. Data logger is a huge help. 2. Seat time and Testing and tuning. You will make some changes that will make it better and some that will make it worse. If it is worse you go back other direction. When I go on a testing day I have a plan on what I want to change, how I expect it to react and what I will do from there.

Weight. On my car it worked best with most of the weight on the rear or front axles. Keeping it light in the middle helped. Once again may or may not be the same on your car.

Do you have a Data Logger? For your needs a simple one should tell you most everything you need to know.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
One other thing that is a huge help is a good video to see what it is doing. I like to have sun at the back of guy filming so tires are not in the shade and back about 45 degree angle so you can see what rear tires are doing, chassis doing and the front tires.

Same thing once you figure out what it is doing you can make a plan to fix it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says the idiot that lied about owning the Amish altered and the 40 y/o junk trailer it’s in. Same idiot that fried the engine while tuning it!

Dumb and dumber, clueless advising the clueless! Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Adain I was not asking about my car. I asked what others are using. Has nothing to do with my car.

Figuring what might cause the problem not to happen till i have a problem.The only problem is the motivation to run it for a while. Only mother nature going to fix that.Hell not sure I would go out in this heat for Jennifer Aniston in the grat outdoors.

Just a question about what others are running. Figuring 90% red;s are 1.80 low with 4.10 to 4.56 gear depending on HP.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
AGAIN
quote:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
RPM data logger. DS,engine, front wheel(or wheelie bar) rpm.Trans temp.oil temp, fuel pressure,oil pressure,tansmission pressure and 8 egt's. Still need g meter and fuel flow meter. Oh and four readings for stuff like shift solenoid, lean out solenoid, and what ever else I want to know when it activated .

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
On my gearing which had nothing to do with question. Frank said whatever you do .Do not run the 1.80 low. Said he fought it forever then went to 1.69 and worked a lot better. Also said he had lots of customers that have done the same after talking with him and most all loved it.

Now that said my car will probably never see the 9200 they turn on starting line. Hard to argue with the man when his FEDs are baddest around.

Like I said the other day. If this thing has shake and looks like needs more wheel speed I have 15 gallons of guaranteed wheels speed.LOL

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one here care about what “Frank” told you, nor his fed, nor his 9200 starting line launch. He like you is not a bracket racer nor is his car a bracket car just as yours isn’t and never will be!

Again, this isn’t the forum for you as SCDIV1 has mare clear citing your endless posts and meaningless BS but this is

http://www.frontenginedragster...x.php/board,8.0.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Judging by number of posts. I am guessing edna is upset. Guess that makes posting worth it regardless of how may answer or do not answer.

So now what to post? We just had an aluminum rod post and another fella already post about M?t tires. Oh wait edna has those now too.

Don't worry I will come up with something if for nothing else to piss edna.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No doubt you will start another thread aka “endless posts” about your pos fed that is not and never will be a bracket car and says thread will be full of “meaningless BS” authored by you. Laughing very hard