DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Tie down ring options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tie down ring options
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Picking up a new to me trailer. Will be hauling two dragsters and a golf cart. Usually use the old standby d rings in the floor. E track is awesome but not only a trip hazard, but will catch the bottom of the cars when loading. Anything else you guys are really liking?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I use these Mac's D rings stainless steel

Mac's D rings in steel

Mac's Swivel D-Ring Backing Plates 472006

My floor is smooth aluminum and I used 3/16” aluminum plates under the Swivel D-Rings welded to the floor cross bracing, same method as Featherlite used.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2610 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine just replaced his whole trailer floor, and he recessed strips of aluminum L Track down in flush to the floor. Pretty cool setup.

I just have a whole boatload of regular D-rings in my floor.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This floor has diamond plate over it
Great ideas

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6441 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
This floor has diamond plate over it
Great ideas

Be advised if you install Mac’s swivel D-rings, when strapping, you pull from the outer edge of the D-ring, Not the center.

Posts: 2610 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Plain D rings that come with the steel backing plate, bought them on ebay. I have welded the plates to the frame members and or put tubing/angle iron between members to weld the plates to.

Posts: 1525 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post