DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Holley Drop In Fuel Cell Pumps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holley Drop In Fuel Cell Pumps
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Anybody have any feedback on the Holley drop in fuel cell pumps. I haven't decided if I'll use a blow-thru carb or TBI, but the pump will work for either.

Features:
Update your fuel cell to EFI the easy way!
Designed to drop right into your existing 12 bolt flange fuel cell
Billet top flange housing includes an 8AN inlet and 10AN outlet port and a fuel filler cap
Module with Dual 450 LPH fuel pumps configurations
The pump depth is fully adjustable for fitment in the most popular cell sizes 7.5”-12” deep.
Supports up to 1750 EFI or 2200 Carb HP (@ 60 PSI at 13.5 Volts / 16.9 AMP Draw)

https://www.holley.com/product...modules/parts/12-147

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
My dad has ran this pump all last year. we are playing around with the Holley Sniper EFI on his car, and go back and for between the EFI, and his old reliable carb setup. we use the carb for the bigger money races, as we know what it runs like. we are still playing with the EFI so he has is set up where he can add the regulator easily for the carb for the reduced pressure. No complaints at all.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPaton:
My dad has ran this pump all last year. we are playing around with the Holley Sniper EFI on his car, and go back and for between the EFI, and his old reliable carb setup. we use the carb for the bigger money races, as we know what it runs like. we are still playing with the EFI so he has is set up where he can add the regulator easily for the carb for the reduced pressure. No complaints at all.

Thanks for the info! What's the basic car set-up, class & what Sniper model?

We are thinking about the Sniper XFlow with 8 120lb injectors, good for 1375 hp.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Going off of memory, i think he has the Sniper Stealth EFI, 4500 series, 8 injector unit. i think its good for 1200HP.

His car is a 69 Camaro, 509BBC, roughly around 800HP, runs Box class, launches off TB. Car runs 9:40's on average, best of 9.19 in good air. Car weighs around 3100-3200#.

we only have a few passes on the EFI, and it was still learning. it ran within .03 on the first 2 passes, and then it lost the memory. Called Holley and he needs a software update, which we haven't done yet. we will put this back on in the spring and will go back at it. when we first fired it up, it started and idled very well.

My dad is 75, and loves to try new things, so he can't wait to get this back on and try it.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how I'm going to get the belt from there to the crankshaft?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I don't understand how I'm going to get the belt from there to the crankshaft?

That's what I was thinking also.

Why Do We Do This!

Posts: 14 | Location: United States | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPaton:
Going off of memory, i think he has the Sniper Stealth EFI, 4500 series, 8 injector unit. i think its good for 1200HP.

His car is a 69 Camaro, 509BBC, roughly around 800HP, runs Box class, launches off TB. Car runs 9:40's on average, best of 9.19 in good air. Car weighs around 3100-3200#.

we only have a few passes on the EFI, and it was still learning. it ran within .03 on the first 2 passes, and then it lost the memory. Called Holley and he needs a software update, which we haven't done yet. we will put this back on in the spring and will go back at it. when we first fired it up, it started and idled very well.

My dad is 75, and loves to try new things, so he can't wait to get this back on and try it.

Thanks again for the info! Sounds like your dad is enjoying life.

After doing some more research I found an upgraded brushless Holley pump. I think it's better suited for my needs, but I will talk with them before purchasing.

https://www.holley.com/product...modules/parts/12-148

Features:

Capable of 130 PSI while providing significant flow for forced induction applications where belt driven pumps are normally used.
Unlike other pumps, the VR Series are built for continuous duty if needed.
Billet aluminum construction for durability and good looks
Designed to drop right into your existing 12 bolt flange fuel cell
High flow and high pressure with low amperage draw
Can be fully submerged in the fuel cell or chassis mounted
Maximum amp draw of 38 AMPS for the VR1
Modules include a single VR Series Brushless fuel pump with two step controllers and harnesses.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436