Bracket Talk
ET Prediction Crew Chief Pro

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/1767048496

November 16, 2020, 01:56 PM
Da Shoe
ET Prediction Crew Chief Pro
Thinking of getting a Prediction Software set up. My question is If I have 2 or 3 cars, SC,SG,SST do I need the team version or can I just use the regular version. Also I realize I could just call them and ask this but Im also looking for racer feedback.
November 16, 2020, 02:14 PM
1320racer
https://www.ifamilysoftware.com/

no "team" $250 license fee, No yearly renewal fee, no bs!
November 16, 2020, 02:45 PM
sst5167
You can get by without the team version if only one car/class is in the lanes at one time. But if you want multiple cars paged at the same time, I would get the team license. We run super comp and super gas, and its rare that we're both in the lanes at the same time, but it does happen. So the team license comes in very handy.

Mike Boehner
November 16, 2020, 03:18 PM
1320racer
We run SST and SC and our iFamily software is setup to page for both cars at the same time for no extra cost.
November 16, 2020, 03:50 PM
Da Shoe
Not interested iFamily Software so lets just move on from that.
November 16, 2020, 04:11 PM
TOP38
quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
Thinking of getting a Prediction Software set up. My question is If I have 2 or 3 cars, SC,SG,SST do I need the team version or can I just use the regular version. Also I realize I could just call them and ask this but Im also looking for racer feedback.

With Crewchief you can setup different data bases so one version works, just as you can use it for ET 1/4 or 1/8 racing.

All the software out there these days seams to be decent but you still can't replace experience.
November 16, 2020, 04:22 PM
1320racer
Same with iFamily
November 16, 2020, 07:26 PM
Big Steve
We use Computec race air cloud weather station and Crew chief pro prediction software. We have a mini PC installed in the trailer. My son who is a IT tech by trade uses Team viewer to log into the trailer computer from the lanes using his phone. No paging and no paging fee required.
November 16, 2020, 07:58 PM
Lenny5160
Mike’s post was spot-on. I run SST and SC, and since I’m the only driver I can only be in the lanes with one car at a time. No team license required.

It might come in handy when we’re bracket racing and the juniors are in the lanes at the same time as me, but I typically don’t use the pager (or the predictions) while bracket racing.

Tony Leonard
November 17, 2020, 06:54 AM
TonyB6255
I use Crew Chief Pro with texting instead of a pager. The problem I have with paging is you are limited to the range of the antenna to broadcast to the pager. I leave my MiFi on in my trailer and it texts me prediction to my phone at whatever intervals I set up.
November 17, 2020, 07:08 AM
1320racer
No issue ever getting paged from my Altronics weather station
November 17, 2020, 07:17 AM
TonyB6255
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No issue ever getting paged from my Altronics weather station

We have one track that we race at in Boise that I had that issue. Also at the National event in Seattle, we always get parked way out on the road course. No way the pager works from that distance, texting doesn't rely on an antenna but you do need internet.
November 17, 2020, 11:00 AM
seabass
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I use Crew Chief Pro with texting instead of a pager. The problem I have with paging is you are limited to the range of the antenna to broadcast to the pager. I leave my MiFi on in my trailer and it texts me prediction to my phone at whatever intervals I set up.

What is mifi

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
November 17, 2020, 11:20 AM
TonyB6255
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

What is mifi

It's a mobile hotspot. I have one that I use for my business that is added to my Verizon account. It only cost me $20 more per month..

This is the one I have

https://www.verizon.com/sales/...productid=dev5120014
November 18, 2020, 07:00 PM
Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
As others have stated, team license isn't required for your purpose.

I like to really study the Crew Chief Pro screen before I go up, adjust 60 foots, or let Crew Chief Pro do that for me. You can do all that without the team license.

Team license really only necessary when you have two to five cars in one class. Even with the team license you have the ability to test certain variables as well.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."
November 18, 2020, 10:28 PM
I.P. Dailey
1320wannaberacer just doesn’t get it.