DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Two transmission questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two transmission questions.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a 1960 Chevrolet pickup with a mid 70’s 350 Chevy engine and a TH350.
I’m going to put a shift kit in it, how much fluid would go back in it with a stock pan?

Second question….If I put a deep oil pan on the trans (2 additional quarts) do I need an extension so the filter will sit lower or can it be run with it in the stock location.

I’m fixing this up to be my grandsons first vehicle that he will drive to high school and he is helping me work on it.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Posts: 406 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes, to filter extension. With the original pan, add 3 qts, start and begin checking fluid level. With deep pan, add 5 qts. and begin checking.

Going by your description, I think the factory pan is completely satisfactory.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1845 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I agree that the stock pan is good enough for this application, I just happen to have a deep one laying around.

Posts: 406 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
What Larry said on the fluid. As far as the extension it will work without it but I'm sure you understand the only benefit will be more fluid so a little cooler temps.

Posts: 1497 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post