DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer winch setup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer winch setup
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
We nest two dragsters in our trailer and I would like to start using a winch. Trying to get my head around where to mount it and have anchor points that work ok for wrapping up the rope and pulling both cars in without the cable interfering with the other. Pictures of your setups would sure help

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6444 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
i have a winch under the front counter, synthetic rope, easily pulls both cars with no anchor points, and a wireless remote

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1548 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
i have a winch under the front counter, synthetic rope, easily pulls both cars with no anchor points, and a wireless remote

I do the same with same equipment. Except only one car..lol

Depending on what is in your way you could use D rings to anchor pully's to allow you to pull from different direction.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3339 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
My winch sits against the left wall of the trailer and I put a block with a pulley on a D ring in the floor. You could move the block to a different D ring to have straight pulls for 2 different cars.

Posts: 1554 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
My winch sits against the left wall of the trailer and I put a block with a pulley on a D ring in the floor. You could move the block to a different D ring to have straight pulls for 2 different cars.

This may be what have to do. I pull the cars all the way to the front and that takes it right up to the winch.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6444 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Two winches, one on the left under the tool box and one in the very front. They don’t cost but 60 bucks or so, easier to just have two.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5332 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post