New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak SC1000
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Good afternoon. My car came with a Racepak SC1000. I've never used a data logger, so I'm pretty clueless. I do know it's an old unit. I'm not quite ready to upgrade, as I'd rather spend money on making the car race ready and safe. Anyone have input on this unit? I assume very basic when compared to the new stuff today. I emailed the PDS folks about it, but haven't heard back yet.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
From what I read, if you have the software disc and an older laptop that runs Windows XP I think you could make it work.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I may be in business with this unit. Todd at Performance Data Systems says he can get me squared away.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Excellent! If you’re able to make it work I’d be interested in hearing about your success. I’ll assume they have a way to run this program in administrator mode if using Windows 10.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BTR69:
I may be in business with this unit. Todd at Performance Data Systems says he can get me squared away.

If Todd can not get it to work it will not work. Smart dude just don't tell himk I said so.Probably give him a heart attack I know he getting old.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got lucky today and found the notebook with instruction/installation manual and other notes. Even the invoice from when Glenn Young bought the system for this car in 2005. Still looking for the laptop I remember seeing way back in 2013/14. Since my brother passed, this stuff was put away in a safe place. Mom having alzheimers for the 5 years prior to her passing, things got moved into some interesting places. I've been trying to find this stuff for a few months now. Guess I have my reading material for the weekend.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100