DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Our Racing Program
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Racing Program
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This last, unexpected trip has raised our 2023 Chevy High Country Dually mileage to 10,700 miles. Over them miles it averaged 15 MPG.

On my quick/expedited trip back to MI. 5-10 miles over the speed limit. It got to Dad's house with a 17.2 MPG.

About a 3rd of them 10,700 miles is hauling our 34' Vintage trailer & average 9 MPG when towing.

As I have stated after buying the truck, I didn't buy it for the MPG.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2551 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
51,000+ views with only a couple drama post from Mike Rietow & Head Games on the 1st page. That being said, not too many threads that get this many views without Major Drama!

I've been wanting to do something with exterior of the 80 Camaro; I need to stop procrastinating & decide on a wrap or paint. I have a couple of people that can paint it, but the car would be down for about a year. I think a wrap would be a quicker way to get it done, but I have to research & find someone.

I have thought about updating & racing the orange 68 Camaro, but my friend doesn't want to put any money into it. He just wants to sell it & that will be a hard sell the way it's.

2BKING thanks you for the views! Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2551 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
This last, unexpected trip has raised our 2023 Chevy High Country Dually mileage to 10,700 miles. Over them miles it averaged 15 MPG.

On my quick/expedited trip back to MI. 5-10 miles over the speed limit. It got to Dad's house with a 17.2 MPG.

About a 3rd of them 10,700 miles is hauling our 34' Vintage trailer & average 9 MPG when towing.

2BKING

Relaxing

Almost 5K miles on our stupid 2023 GMC Crew Cab 3500HD gasoline dually, that will never be built, or purchased for less than sticker price, gets almost exactly the same numbers.

8.2 to 9.2 towing, depending on speed, 17+ empty, town driving.
I have only put a few miles on it empty.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

2BKING

Relaxing

Almost 5K miles on our stupid 2023 GMC Crew Cab 3500HD gasoline dually, that will never be built, or purchased for less than sticker price, gets almost exactly the same numbers.

8.2 to 9.2 towing, depending on speed, 17+ empty, town driving.
I have only put a few miles on it empty.

Goob,

I'm glad you are happy with your truck!

I got more truck than I wanted with the High Country package, didn't have much choice. What I really wanted & absolutely love is the 900+ ft. lbs. of torque & the Allison transmission.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Next trip, shift it down 1 while towing. Watch the mileage climb and no lugging.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Next trip, shift it down 1 while towing. Watch the mileage climb and no lugging.

Are you talking to Me? I don't notice any lugging.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been wanting to do something with exterior of the 80 Camaro; I need to stop procrastinating & decide on a wrap or paint. I have a couple of people that can paint it, but the car would be down for about a year. I think a wrap would be a quicker way to get it done, but I have to research & find someone.

I decided on painting the car over a wrap, thanks to Mom & Dad; R.I.P.!

I also plan on finishing the interior. The only thing that's needed is door panels. I'm leaning towards factory panels, but not ruling out black aluminum panels.

I have no break in racing until June of 2024 with a 3-months off due to the heat & that's when I'm hoping to get the car painted.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:

Using the Tow / Haul mode pretty much does that.
It'll roll at 1800 on flat ground, shifts itself to about 2200 through slight up grades. 68 mph.

I still need to remove the muffler, so I can hear it.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I decided on painting the car over a wrap, thanks to Mom & Dad; R.I.P.!

I also plan on finishing the interior. The only thing that's needed is door panels. I'm leaning towards factory panels, but not ruling out black aluminum panels.

I have no break in racing until June of 2024 with a 3-months off due to the heat & that's when I'm hoping to get the car painted.

2BKING
Relaxing

Finally got an estimate for body work & paint on the car. Looks like we are getting it in May & they said roughly two months. We thought about changing colors, but decided to keep it good old GM Victory Red.

Now the hard part is giving up racing while it's in for the work! They did schedule 2 races in June & 1 race in July.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436