Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:
I always watch the water grains. The higher the number the slower it is. But like someone else said. It really depends on your tune up. Watch the water grains and your car et and you will discover a pattern.

Is water grains on the kestrel gpp? I swear I am missing something or misinterpreting something. Because I can find no coordination to weather and my et. The odd thing is whatever it runs first run. It runs that all day. But on blind runs that consistency doesn’t help me.

Sorry this is so late, but I was at Indy for the last week. It appears other questions were answered about Crew Chief Pro already ( Thanks for answering by the way! ).

Weather station may need calibrating if you can't find any weather variable that affects your ET. A combination of temp, humidity, and baro are the basis for virtually all weather calculations, and usually each of these separately or in combination with the calculated values such as Vapor Pressure, or the similar Grains of Water should point to a direction the ET is going to follow.

Grains of water, Vapor Pressure, and Dew Point are very similar in the movements up and down. If you use alcohol then one of these with either Adjusted Altitude or Density Altitude are commonly used. If you use gas, then the same still applies, but on a different scale.

Each car is different. The only way to understand yours is to use quality weather equipment and keep good records. Crew Chief Pro keeps very good records, and we have the ability to search for similar runs simply by RIGHT CLICKING any current weather value in the Predict ET area. I use this feature all the time, and it shows you all the runs you've made under similar weather conditions in the blink of an eye. See the image below...

If you want to combine Weather searches then use the button on the bottom middle that says, "Search Weather." This will allow you to combine Density Altitude and Barometric Pressure as an example.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software,

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Is water grains on the kestrel gpp? I swear I am missing something or misinterpreting something. Because I can find no coordination to weather and my et. The odd thing is whatever it runs first run. It runs that all day. But on blind runs that consistency doesn’t help me.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. The whole reason I bought the Kestrel & started following weather was all of the multi-day races where you just get one time shot on the first day, my car (584" BBC on injected alcohol) is usually really good but I just can't seem to put my finger on any kind of predictable weather-to-ET ratio.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Funny, how the guy that tells us he literally have 4 different weather stations on a test stand all the time and tells us he is definitely qualified to give an opinion on weather stations and further tells us how his software keeps very good records, shows you all the runs you've made under similar weather conditions in the blink of an eye, yet he breaks out 1st and 2nd round at Indy. Laughing very hard

Meanwhile Bob Kodadek's iFamily Software that I use combined with Altalab's weather station predicted our ET/throttle stop timer exactly every round.

https://www.ifamilysoftware.com/

https://altalabinstrument.com/

no yearly fees, no multi car licenses, one time purchase.

Just saying

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

Is water grains on the kestrel gpp? I swear I am missing something or misinterpreting something. Because I can find no coordination to weather and my et. The odd thing is whatever it runs first run. It runs that all day. But on blind runs that consistency doesn’t help me.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat. The whole reason I bought the Kestrel & started following weather was all of the multi-day races where you just get one time shot on the first day, my car (584" BBC on injected alcohol) is usually really good but I just can't seem to put my finger on any kind of predictable weather-to-ET ratio.[/QUOTE]

Yep, those blind runs for me are luck of the draw. Usually cost me a buyback on the second day. Once I know what the car ran first round I'm good, but I'm not sure how to get the data I need.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Funny, how the guy that tells us he literally have 4 different weather stations on a test stand all the time and tells us he is definitely qualified to give an opinion on weather stations and further tells us how his software keeps very good records, shows you all the runs you've made under similar weather conditions in the blink of an eye, yet he breaks out 1st and 2nd round at Indy. Laughing very hard

Meanwhile Bob Kodadek's iFamily Software that I use combined with Altalab's weather station predicted our ET/throttle stop timer exactly every round.

no yearly fees, no multi car licenses, one time purchase.

Just saying

While I've not met you, I've been told you are about as intelligent as a small bar of soap, and your post proves that. What's it like to have such a small brain?

Crew Chief Pro Software had me dialed exactly where I wanted. Both rounds were setup as an 8.88. Thank you for noticing how perfectly it ran. While I didn't win against Joe from APD on that round, it was an excellent race. He is a tough racer who also uses Crew Chief Pro, and knows it very well. I told myself to drop, but it just didn't happen. Overall, my runs were very good.

I have 6 Wallys to my credit, and Crew Chief Pro has virtually every single sportsman class winner and world champ.

Let's review the US Nationals in the Sportsman classes:

Super Gas: Here are the last 6 racers, and I believe every one of them has purchased Crew Chief Pro, and a weather station from us.
T Coughlin Jr, Right lane, (0.015) 9.908 0.008, def. J Lopez, (0.011) 9.921 0.021

T Gillespie, Left lane, (0.014) 9.944 0.044, def. D Wood, (0.073) 9.966 0.066

E Richardson, Right lane, (0.008) 9.923 0.023, def. J Kenny, (-0.017 foul) 10.008 0.108

P Brown, Right lane, (0.030) 9.925 0.025, was unopposed

Now, let's look up Super Comp:
Round 5:

N Isenhower, Right lane, (0.014) 8.946 0.046, def. L Ellison, (0.039) 8.891 -0.009

D Heitzman, Right lane, (0.008) 8.908 0.008, def. S Williams, (0.019) 8.918 0.018

R Cook, Left lane, (0.022) 8.899 -0.001, def. B Torrence, (0.018) 8.898 -0.002

M Jirousek, Left lane, (0.000) 8.969 0.069, def. T Stalba, (0.011) 9.270 0.370

R Pica, Right lane, (0.008) 8.898 -0.002, was unopposed

Of those remaining, most are Crew Chief Pro customers, ( INCLUDING THE WINNER! )

Now let's look at Stock Eliminator:
The Winner and Runner Up bought Crew Chief Pro, as have 80% of the field....

The Jegs winner was Gary Emmons. They just bought a new weather station from us that weekend and updated Crew Chief Pro like they do every year.

How about Super Stock:
We have about 80% of those racers as well.

Super Street: Crew Chief Pro customers Larry Paden was the Winner and Runner Up was Trevor Larson. Most of these racers are my customers.
Round 3:

T Larson, Left lane, (0.015) 10.885 -0.015, def. D Wood, (-0.002 foul) 10.858 -0.042

M VonHeeder, Right lane, (0.051) 11.085 0.185, def. C Meyer, (0.031) 11.365 0.465

P Smida, Right lane, (0.022) 10.935 0.035, def. J Pratt, (0.005) 10.887 -0.013

S Fricke, Left lane, (0.021) 10.908 0.008, def. C Bentley, (0.007) 10.928 0.028

K ******, Left lane, (0.029) 10.901 0.001, def. K Thies, (0.035) 10.918 0.018

L Paden, Left lane, (0.020) 10.911 0.011, def. D Durenberger, (0.038) 10.881 -0.019

So, now that you've been publicly humiliated, what amazing words of wisdom do you have for the board? Everyone knows you're a quack who's never done anything...

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add these following classes:

Top Dragster: 3 of the last 4 are Crew Chief Pro customers, including the Winner Zach Sackman.
B Johnson, Left lane, (0.021) 6.13 6.135 0.005, def. A Peavler, (-0.003 foul) 6.16 8.481 2.321

Z Sackman, Left lane, (0.012) 6.13 6.177 0.047, def. M Mendenhall, (0.014) 6.13 6.194 0.064

Top Sportsman: The last 4 are Crew Chief Pro customers ( and about 95% of the entire field )
Round 4:

J Lewis, Right lane, (0.011) 6.39 6.391 0.001, def. L Johnson, (0.000) 6.18 6.197 0.017

A Firestone, Left lane, (0.003) 6.59 6.596 0.006, def. M Driskell, (0.011) 6.68 6.679 -0.001

Round 5:

J Lewis, Right lane, (0.019) 6.35 6.356 0.006, def. A Firestone, (0.020) 6.59 6.589 -0.001

This is fun. Do you have any other stupid remarks to add?

I have not seen anyone use the software you use in many, many years. Certainly not any of the winners or runner ups.

What classes did you win at the US Nationals?

Smile

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what class did you win at the US Nationals? Answer you didn't, you were done 2nd round, breaking out again, after getting lucky 1st round running under. So if your claim is true and you set up .88, then you are a NDMF.

it's well known you're not liked by many racers including current and former customers.

That said, we don't need your junk to win no mind your yearly fees and multiple cars license fees.

Bob Kodadek's iFamily Software combined with Altalab's weather station provides all the data, predication and accuracy needed to win!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, at least I have the respect of 16,500 customers, countless wins and championships, and true friends, which is something you'll never earn.

I sell more weather equipment, of all types, than anyone else in racing. I have the experience to know what works and why, and that's why customers come to us. With a 95% market share, Crew Chief Pro is definitely the Gold Standard, and the reason I have been in business for over 30 years. As an added benefit, I attend many races each year, and I carry parts for Altalab and other weather stations. Can you name any other weather station company or software company that does that? I didn't think so...

I received an order tonight from someone on the forum who said, "If that idiot Bigly doesn't like it, I know I will." So, thanks for the sale. At least you did something constructive today...

And as to my driving, I'll admit that I'm not the best at top end driving. It's part of the process to see what needs to be improved and work on it. I will continue to work on it, just to make you happy, because it's all about you...

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
admittedly knows he can't drive the stripe yet claims he setup up twice to run .88 at the US Nationals. No you didn't, you're a liar and you/your "Gold Standard" missed a .90 prediction TWICE!!!

Meanwhile the rest of your claims must be true, I read it on an internet forum posted by a self promoting salesman making baseless claims, that does not have the respect of many of his customers no mind all racers. Same guy that was caught in a racer's trailer, on that racer's computer, checking that he had multi licenses because he is a multi car team.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by ts393c:
I always watch the water grains. The higher the number the slower it is. But like someone else said. It really depends on your tune up. Watch the water grains and your car et and you will discover a pattern.

Is water grains on the kestrel gpp?

Yes, that is it.

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 351 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
getting rid of 35 mph in last 100' is dive bombing the brakes, not driving the stripe........

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who is doing that?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
my bad, getting rid of 24 mph in last 100' is dive bombing the brakes.... 1st round.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
If you want, you can PM me the screen shot of the data logger run to "prove me wrong"

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong FAKE NEWS!

Talk about what you know, not what you think you know.

We have never run 195+ mph WOT let alone on the stop.

Further, whatever mph we are killing starts long before 1220 feet.

US NATIONALS…

R1 8.909 @ 171.84
R2 8.909 @ 172.06
R3 8.924 @ 167.20
R4 9.491 @ 128.70

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
1ST round you guys went 163 mph, by the qualifying sheet, the fastest mph you ran was 185.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wrong we ran 171.84 mph 1st round and don’t tell anyone but we were running 186 in Q2 Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I standed corrected. 186 isnt turrible at indy. Only a couple Oakley sr20s were faster than your combo. Nice work!!

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I must respectfully disagree 329. Dropping 20 mph is driving the stripe. Fogging the windshield and following your man through win or lose is not driving the stripe. Knowing when to quit and doing it aggressively win or lose is driving IMO.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
I must respectfully disagree 329. Dropping 20 mph is driving the stripe. Fogging the windshield and following your man through win or lose is not driving the stripe. Knowing when to quit and doing it aggressively win or lose is driving IMO.

ep

So locking down a car is considered finish line driving, and using nitrous to fook up a NDMF packing .04 isnt? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Jeremiah Hall