DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    2002 Monaco Dynasty generator problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2002 Monaco Dynasty generator problem
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
All of a sudden my generator begins to start whenever the ignition switch is turned on. I have disconnected all of the remote switches in the coach and removed the remote start wiring from the inverter but the problem still exists. I even replaced the ignition switch but that didn't help. Has anyone else had this happen? Looking for suggestions. My only solution now is to unplug the remote start harness at the generator.

Posts: 4 | Location: Division 1 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
it could be thinking its a low voltage thing and AutoStart takes over.batteries maybe ?

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1457 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I eliminated that possibility by removing the auto start wiring from the inverter. This one's got me baffled. I didn't find any obvious damage to the wiring harness or plugs either.

Posts: 4 | Location: Division 1 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
where is Rich when you need him lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1457 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was hoping he might respond.
I'm installing a toggle switch on the dash to break the start wire at the generator as a temporary fix until I figure this out.