DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    1955 Chevy Belair Fiberglass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1955 Chevy Belair Fiberglass
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I need a hood, maybe a complete front end. Any recommendations? Thanks Brad

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I put a VFN 2 inch cowl hood on mine. Fit great, had to adjust front fenders just a touch, after 65 years they were a little tweaked. Used the steel hinges without the springs, but pinned the front.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry but as a 45 year bodyman who has atemped to use vfn stuff-no I prefer Glasstech or Suncoast Engenerring glass very nice easy to prep parts Glasstech is in Illinois and Suncoast is in Florida

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 408 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With Suncoast out of business,(SPX took over their lines) and Glasstek does not make 2" cowl hoods, it limits those of us that have tri fives to where we can shop for body parts. Even Danchuk does not sell retail anymore.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry didnt know about Suncoast selling been out of the "loop" of installing for a couple years now good luck in your search

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 408 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!

Posts: 182 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post