DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Broken Bleeder repair
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Broken Bleeder repair
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
New to us car, has a broken bleeder. Strange calipers. Any particular approaches for repair?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
It have the brass bushing in it? If not Split the
halfs. Pull the pistons drill and use the square extractor only. Tiny heat too. Strange make a bleeder kit. Bleeder kit # P2365F. New seal kit too. I have repaired many.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
It have the brass bushing in it? If not Split the
halfs. Pull the pistons drill and use the square extractor only. Tiny heat too. Strange make a bleeder kit. Bleeder kit # P2365F. New seal kit too. I have repaired many.

Funny one side does, and the other does not. The side that does I figured I would just pull the assembly and replace it. The side that doesn't, pull it apart, drill it and tap it for the brass bleeder kit? Simple as that? I wonder if I can even find similar items locally.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Yep simple as that. Tomorrow morning i will check in my box. I think i have some spares. If i do. USPS. How many you need?

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep simple as that. Tomorrow morning i will check in my box. I think i have some spares. If i do. USPS. How many you need?

Two. Awesome!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Received last night! Thank you Friend!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
To Bleed or No to Bleed? That is the question!
Pretty cool when the site works for everyone. Not worthy

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Received last night! Thank you Friend!

That is good to see racers helping racers.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I come here alot to try to keep up with what's going on. Usually it's the same crap with Ed running his mouth and insulting people. This is a nice change, racers helping racers.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Indeed you guys. Seems like there is always someone I haven't met yet, who is another great fellow racer.

Now to get whatever this black stuff is off of the calipers. Never seen this before. Some more soaking and back into the ultrasonic cleaner.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.Glad i could help. Whats on the calipers? Powder coat?