DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    detailing guys i need advice?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
detailing guys i need advice?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
again, the entire issue with black streaks on the panels is due to the galvanized roof. Seal it, paint it and there is no issue.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
again, the entire issue with black streaks on the panels is due to the galvanized roof. Seal it, paint it and there is no issue.


Not entirely true. I don't normally park my trailers outside, but when I do they streak. Both have aluminum roofs. I also had a motorhome that would streak from a rubber roof. Scrubbing the roof always seemed to make it much better.
 
Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agree Mike
 
Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
myth buster update:
LA AWESOME CLEANER is useless.whatever DRR members who said its going to strip the paint off your trailer are wrong.
I started off with a real weak batch because a lot of guys said on here it is super harsh.didnt even slightly remove the stains.so I kept adding more and more,and the stuff dulled the streaks only slightly.i was to the point I was going to have to spray it out of the bottle un deluted,but I stopped before doing that.
just saying LA AWESOME does not do the job on trailer stains and is a very mild cleaner at best,
 
Posts: 1423 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
If the trailer manufactures would use anodized aluminum this wouldn't happen. I am looking into some type of paint that will stick to the trim and be close to the color of the raw aluminum trim to prevent the streaks.



Brian,
I use a lot of the clear acrlyic paint in the rattle cans to protect aluminum antennas with. Some have been in the salt air here on the Oregon coast for 20 years and the aluminum still looks brand new. Never thought about trying it on the trailer rails but I don't see any reason it wont work.
Joe
 
Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don't discount white vinegar. It is a pretty decent cleaner for lots of things and the price is right.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am the guy you said was wrong about LA Awesome. Used full strength it is a strong cleaner. The first time I used it on my Haulmark Edge trailer to remove black streaks it removed the streaks easily, and the trailer looked like new. I waxed the trailer (white), and it seemed to resist streaking. The next time I used it to remove some streaks it once again did the job. The third time I used it was when I began to notice primer/coating showing through under the finish. I have had this trailer for about 8 years, and it does sit outside. I no longer clean it with LA Awesome, but wash it and wax it several times a year. I just live with some degree of streaking since I don't want to repaint the trailer. I am glad others have had good luck with LA Awesome. My point is just be careful.
 
Posts: 16 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
If the trailer manufactures would use anodized aluminum this wouldn't happen. I am looking into some type of paint that will stick to the trim and be close to the color of the raw aluminum trim to prevent the streaks.



Brian,
I use a lot of the clear acrlyic paint in the rattle cans to protect aluminum antennas with. Some have been in the salt air here on the Oregon coast for 20 years and the aluminum still looks brand new. Never thought about trying it on the trailer rails but I don't see any reason it wont work.
Joe


Hadn't thought of clear, Joe. I was wondering about what would stick to aluminum.....


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3092 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
myth buster update:
LA AWESOME CLEANER is useless.whatever DRR members who said its going to strip the paint off your trailer are wrong.
I started off with a real weak batch because a lot of guys said on here it is super harsh.didnt even slightly remove the stains.so I kept adding more and more,and the stuff dulled the streaks only slightly.i was to the point I was going to have to spray it out of the bottle un deluted,but I stopped before doing that.
just saying LA AWESOME does not do the job on trailer stains and is a very mild cleaner at best,


Maybe you did get a bad bottle or have a different issue than most with your trailer. The rest of the world isn't wrong I'm pretty sure. Did you try it full strength and let it sit for 20 seconds or so? Terry towel to remove? This would be the first I have read on the rv sites, this site or the Bullet that this stuff wouldn't eat up whatever is on your trailer.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6344 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
bucky
I diluted down pretty weak initially because you guys put the fear of god in me.
it didn't do a thing so I made it stroner and stronger.
in the end I would have had to spray it directly on that's how far I went with it.
I didn't do direct out of the bottle just in case and even the bottle says use diluted.

ive got a buffer so I am sure when I wax it,the streaks will come right off
 
Posts: 1423 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:


ive got a buffer so I am sure when I wax it,the streaks will come right off


Now you sound like Mr. Meogi…...wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off...…….


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3092 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Usually after using a buffer and running across the zinc plated screws on most trailers, the screws will start to rust, and the wax/buff residue left in the driver hole will start to stain the skin.
 
Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    detailing guys i need advice?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024