DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K&R Super Duty Complete Wiring Kit
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K&R Super Duty Complete Wiring Kit
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:I researched both & feel the Digital Delay switch panel kit fits my needs the best. I'm getting ready to order the kit with roll bar mount. It's on sale until Jan 4th & is saving me around $60 to boot.

They extended the Holiday Sale to January 10th.

Posts: 2540 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
As markemark stated, both great products and customer service, as a installer I personally prefer the Digital Delay elite switch panel. All of there outputs are capable of 40amps where the K&R is not. I think the shift output is only rated at 10 amps max so when I install a K&R with a electric shifter I have to add a relay so it gets adequate power. That’s just one example.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I placed the order yesterday. They said it would ship Jan 4 after their holiday break.

Thanks everyone for your inputs!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2642 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i have had the opportunity to deal with both of these companies in the past couple of months. we bought the dd dial boards and controller in october. then we re-wired the nova with a k&r super duty kit in november. both products are worth the asking price and tech service is readily available. both charlie at dd and kevin at k&r know their stuff.

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I placed the order yesterday. They said it would ship Jan 4 after their holiday break.

Thanks everyone for your inputs!

The kit shipped as said & I received yesterday. Looks like a well put together kit.

Anyway, I like the connectors for the relay board. You have the option to just crimp/heat shrink or crimp/solder/heat shrink.

On the device end of wire they are crimp only male/female spade terminals. I would at least like the heat shrink on the spade terminals.

This is probably a loaded question, but what's the preferred way? Crimped or soldered & I would think either way should be sealed with heat shrink.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2642 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a K&R kit for my new Altered. Choose them because I feel it is the best for my needs.
Only problem due to Covid 19 he said suppliers are way behind and we are looking at 3 weeks for delivery.......
That will put me on a tight schedule to get car complete and tested before season opener in new car.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4133 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Where are you putting the circuit board on a door car? Hide it (glove box etc) or leave it near the passenger floor so it's easy to get to in case of an issue? I'm getting to install the kit and want to do it once. Thanks!

Posts: 1626 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've been using K&R for years and Kevin has never failed to get on the phone or call me back to answer any question that I have. All of their products are top quality.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
Where are you putting the circuit board on a door car? Hide it (glove box etc) or leave it near the passenger floor so it's easy to get to in case of an issue? I'm getting to install the kit and want to do it once.

I have DD and mounted it on the passenger floor upright foot area. I want to be able to see the relay board fuse indicator and relay ON LED’s from the drivers seat. If I have a problem, I want to look there first and be able to see it if strapped in the car.

I’m not fussy about the wiring methods and use terminal strips. I want to be able to move wires if desired and have a test point if needed as well. Seems the car is always going through some type of electrical component change and my wiring is not made permanent. I’m making more electrical changes for 2022, it’s ongoing.

Posts: 2540 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
Where are you putting the circuit board on a door car? Hide it (glove box etc) or leave it near the passenger floor so it's easy to get to in case of an issue? I'm getting to install the kit and want to do it once. Thanks!

Ours is mounted vertically on a plate where the passenger kick panel would be. It is held in place with (3) 1/4 turn fasteners. One bracket is mounted on the roll cage down tube. The other brackets are mounted to the floor & firewall. Sorry, I don't have a picture yet.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:I'm getting to install the kit and want to do it once.

To mount my relay board (and Ignition) , I took the suggestion of another and used this 0.125 thick ABS Sheets from Grainger. Very Rigid, non-conductive and easy to cut.

https://www.grainger.com/conte...el=2211&search=1ZBT4

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:I'm getting to install the kit and want to do it once.

To mount my relay board (and Ignition) , I took the suggestion of another and used this 0.125 thick ABS Sheets from Grainger. Very Rigid, non-conductive and easy to cut.

https://www.grainger.com/conte...el=2211&search=1ZBT4

Wish I would have known that a while ago, LOL! That's a great idea, thanks for passing it along!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
We used a white 1/4" plastic cutting board in my S10.

Posts: 138 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My kick panel has my ignition box already. I may move some stuff around. I did order a piece of ABS! Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 1626 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post