DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cordova International Dragway Sold!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cordova International Dragway Sold!
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Near the Quad Cities in Illinois, the historical track was recently purchased from IRG also referred to as IHRA by local businessman and long time racer Dan Crownhart. With the way IRG owned tracks have been going, it's a relief to have this in the hands of local ownership.
Dan and his father are long time funny car racers and later jet car drivers. Dan is the owner of a successful fencing company and garage door company locally.
Mark one up for the good guys here.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Palm Beach didn't show any events on their schedule after January.
Now the No Prep schedule comes out and they have an event scheduled there in April?

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Palm Beach didn't show any events on their schedule after January.
Now the No Prep schedule comes out and they have an event scheduled there in April?

I looked at their web site yesterday and it looked like they had a full schedule now. That was news to me and I think a lot of other people. I see Memphis has a schedule listed now as well. I wasn't sure where that deal had landed. Maybe PB plans by new ownership will not be ready until after this race season or beyond. So they decided to keep it operating?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. Cordova has been around a long time, hopefully this will keep it that way a long time more.

I saw the Super Summit Series Finals for IHRA will be in Holly Springs for 2022, instead of Memphis.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post