DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Help keep Immokalee Regional Raceway running
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help keep Immokalee Regional Raceway running
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of J & L Racing
posted
Attention racers, fans, spectators, and anyone else interested in donating towards Immokalee Regional Raceway (IRR), a privately owned eighth mile dragstrip in Florida's Collier County. The dragstrip business is owned by Ralph T. Hester, who leases the property from a local regional airport. The airport needs approximately 300 feet of additional space that interferes with portions of the existing dragstrip. Ralph either needed to close down the track for good (like so many other dragstrips), or invest his own money to make necessary changes to keep it as a dragstrip and to accommodate the airport needs. Ralph decided the latter. It's his way to continue giving back to the racing community by providing a safe and fun place to race, spectate, and hold events. In addition, it will keep his part time staff employed, and bring visiting IRR customers to the local businesses.

Lori Schapiro has started a Go Fund Me Page to help Ralph and Thomas with the expenses.

https://gofund.me/1ceb3c79

Posts: 1 | Location: florida | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think i owe them some money for the time i knocked their starting line overhang down.Great people ralph and thomas

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I met Ralph several times at the Div 2 Bracket finals and could not have been treated better. Good food and lots of it. He is a great person and treated everyone good.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Photos were taken from Thomas Hester facebook page.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post