Find
Notify
Tools

Well I'm back!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
After a trip to the east coast and two trips up the AlCAN, I'm back in Alaska. It's been a ride, waited almost a month to close on the house, still slowly unpacking and getting settled, and just got internet turned back on today. I also managed to blow out my knee during the whole deal. But, I'm back where I feel more at home than I've felt in years....16 to be exact, from when I left here. Which is kinda funny, I returned almost 16 years to the day that I left.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good for you!
I was confused on the preview for the thread it said Alaskaracer. But I open the thread and still Coloradoracer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I changed it but not sure it's updated yet....wait, yep, it is....had to since no longer in liberal sh**sville....

Mark Goulette

Posts: 1472 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
sh**sville

Welcome back!

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Congrats, be happy, stop moving and enjoy the rest of your life. Now if I could only get my daughter to move from that “ liberal sh**sville” WhatEver

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2560 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskaracer:
After a trip to the east coast and two trips up the AlCAN, I'm back in Alaska. It's been a ride, waited almost a month to close on the house, still slowly unpacking and getting settled, and just got internet turned back on today. I also managed to blow out my knee during the whole deal. But, I'm back where I feel more at home than I've felt in years....16 to be exact, from when I left here. Which is kinda funny, I returned almost 16 years to the day that I left.....

Glad you have finished. I feel your pain! After 3 months and 5 2900 mile trips between CA., and OK, dealing with movers and getting wife and animals back here, and finally getting house in CA. ready to sell, we are finally proud 'Okies' as of last Saturday and loving it!

Only have 1 more trip to make and that is get race car back here which is for sale.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oops! Just now editied where I'm from. LOL!

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaskaracer:
Sorry to see you leave Co. but good luck.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Congrats, be happy, stop moving and enjoy the rest of your life. Now if I could only get my daughter to move from that “ liberal sh**sville” WhatEver

I plan to. This was my final move. I had actually had it planned for about 3-5 years down the road but an opportunity came up that I couldn't pass up and everything fell into place. Colorado isn't the state I grew up in. Don't even recognize it anymore. Too many people, the current polesmoker gov is running the state into the ground and it is getting to be more expensive to live there than here. It also fell out of the top ten places to live, a stat that the state has held for decades, and that's bad. It pains me to see my long time home fall apart but that's what happens when liberals and demonrats get control. They destroy everything they touch. Climate on that is changing here too, but state is still very red. People get here and realize they don't want to lose the freedoms they have, but there are still those that don't have enough of a brain to see their hand in front of their face so to speak. Sad deal really, but for me, I've haven't felt this "at home" since I left 16 years ago. It's good to be back.

Mark Goulette

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
That's awesome to hear. Finallyy after 3 years of rescheduling, we just visited Alaska in May / June and did the trains, planes, automobiles, and ship journey starting from Fairbanks to Vancouver.

What an incredible state and it truly is the last frontier.

Very proud and nice people there from all walks of life and it was an incredible trip we got to see and experience so much.

A couple things we learned:

1. Moose have the right of way
2. Not much in life will kill you...except bears....bears WILL F'ING KILL YOU! Big Grin

I'd go back in a hear beat!

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post