Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Larry Cleary
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Larry Cleary long time drag racer,custom car restorer passed away this weekend.

Larry had most currently been running Roman Road Auto restoration in Wilkesboro NC. They specialized in custom built cars man award winning top of the line cars and trucks.

He has been running TA/D team for last ten years or so. He had been in drag racing since the late 70's. Most recently the A/fuel car that my brother and I were part of.

He had told me year or so ago the reason he was doing so was he wanted one last piece of fun in life because he knew his time was short with all his health issues.

He was very religious guys and prayer will for wife Glidden will be greatly appreciated.

He will be missed by many.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
We did name and numbers for John that drove the car Charlotte. He was looking forward to driving the car in Norwalk.

The way John spoke of him, he sounded a like a good person to be associated with.

Posts: 134 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear Chris. RIP!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4561 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post