DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Epping Eliminations to Bristol!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epping Eliminations to Bristol!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
www.DragRaceCentral.com:

Mon, 05 Jun 2023, 15:26 PM

New England Nationals Postponed
By Rick Green

EPPING, N.H. - Due to recurrent rain, the NHRA New England Nationals will now conclude at Bristol Dragway later this week.

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check it out

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Sportsman racers to finish at Epping divisional

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A total cluster fuc from what I saw, numerous sportsman racers couldn’t get down the track 1st round.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
NOTICE: New England NHRA Nationals
New England NHRA Nationals Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series competitors,

All Lucas Oil Drag Racing series category entrants for the New England NHRA Nationals who elect not to attend due to the pending forecast will have the entry fee credited to their account for use at a future NHRA national event. All racers currently entered in the event in, Super Stock, Stock, Super Comp, Super Gas, Super Street, Top Dragster, and Top Sportsman will not need to withdraw from the event, this will automatically be done. In addition, all crew credentials purchased for the event will be refunded. Please email Michelle Sieradzki at msieradski@nhra.com to initiate the credential refund.

Please allow 7-10 business days for the credits and refunds to be issued.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
did they get anything done on monday?

a friend of mine said it was a total cluster as 1290 stated.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Dedicated to Safety...NOT !!

S/C cars sliding around on an unsafe racetrack...

I only saw a little of it but I'm sure the participants were not happy.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Definitely NOT dedicated to sportsman racer safety!

The truth is it’s another shythole and while we have done well there and won, it’s no longer on our schedule for both the divisional and national events. I’ll miss eating at Newick’s Lobster House and Markey’s Lobster Pool more than I’ll miss that track.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Already looks like the Bristol race is going to be a real mess to with the schedule. That is assuming there is no rain. Forecast does not look good right now.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thursday Widespread dense fog, mainly before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 73. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday NightMostly clear, with a low around 47. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
FridaySunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
From teh Nationnal Weather Service:
Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 56.
Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

quote:
That is assuming there is no rain. Forecast does not look good right now.

What are you looking at for weather? It dont get much better than this in the southeast.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It was on Weather Channel forecast, said 40-50% thurs through weekend. Now it says 41% starting Sunday evening with 58% on Monday. Considerably better forecast. Still there will be a lot going on to try to get it all in.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4017 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says the clueless idiot ^^^ that has never competed at an NHRA national event.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'm an hour from Bristol, rain today but the weather looks good chance for rain Sunday.
Teams are going to have to really work to run eliminations and qualifying in the same day. That's a lot of work.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

Rich

Here is the real story.

Obviously the weather turned to crap from mid 90's and sunny on Friday to cloudy and temps staying between 49 to 53 degrees on Saturday. Friday night into Saturday AM it rained which delayed the start of racing. They dried the track and did their normal National event track prep which caters to the fuel cars for sure! They started off with Super Street then Stock which looked good other than the massive weather shift. The starting line was good, a number of big wheelies from them. The start of SC also looked decent, I was watching closely to get a feel if it was worth running first round of TD or withdrawing. The cars I watched all went down track straight then we got some lite mist for a bit and that's what put things over the edge. With the cold weather and track, the remaining SC cars had issues. TD was called to the lanes prior to the mist starting and they were sent back to the pits. I understand that they tried to get as much racing in as the weather allowed and have no issue with that. No one forced you to race, you had the option to not show up to first rd and receive a credit for the race, so there is no reason to ***** about the track conditions IMO. And ya, once the mist started they should have stopped all cars running, period! They definitely missed the boat on that.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
It was on Weather Channel forecast, said 40-50% thurs through weekend. Now it says 41% starting Sunday evening with 58% on Monday. Considerably better forecast. Still there will be a lot going on to try to get it all in.

Just so you know, the weather guys changed the forecast hourly last weekend at Epping!!!!!

I wouldn't put much stock in changing weather forecasts!!!!!!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:

Rich

Here is the real story.

Obviously the weather turned to crap from mid 90's and sunny on Friday to cloudy and temps staying between 49 to 53 degrees on Saturday. Friday night into Saturday AM it rained which delayed the start of racing. They dried the track and did their normal National event track prep which caters to the fuel cars for sure! They started off with Super Street then Stock which looked good other than the massive weather shift. The starting line was good, a number of big wheelies from them. The start of SC also looked decent, I was watching closely to get a feel if it was worth running first round of TD or withdrawing. The cars I watched all went down track straight then we got some lite mist for a bit and that's what put things over the edge. With the cold weather and track, the remaining SC cars had issues. TD was called to the lanes prior to the mist starting and they were sent back to the pits. I understand that they tried to get as much racing in as the weather allowed and have no issue with that. No one forced you to race, you had the option to not show up to first rd and receive a credit for the race, so there is no reason to ***** about the track conditions IMO. And ya, once the mist started they should have stopped all cars running, period! They definitely missed the boat on that.

Good post Al....thanks for the first hand info.
I saw some of it on the computer and from some other things posted by people there racing thought it was more of a chitshow.....
I know exactly what NHRA does and has done and it's often not in your best interest to risk yourself and your car on a condition that is marginal.....been there...
When the weather is bad it's very difficult for everyone....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Sunday afternoon and evening weather is still looking "iffy" right now:

Sun 11 81°/63° PM Showers 44% SSW 8 mph: Partly cloudy early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later in the day. Chance of rain 40%.

Sun 11 | Night 63°/58% S 6 mph: Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 63F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
In the Southeast in the summer, a forecast issued on Wednesday for Sunday's weather is very nearly useless Smile

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Just so you know, the weather guys changed the forecast hourly last weekend at Epping!!!!!

I wouldn't put much stock in changing weather forecasts!!!!!!

I never put too much stock in the forecast I am just saying best case scenario even if the weather was perfect is going to be busy. Hope for the best.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
so the sportsman classes will finish at the divisional not Bristol?

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post