New
Find
Notify
Tools

Empire Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
anyone else notice that Empire dragway in Liester NY is holding 2 7500 to win events in June and 3 20k races in August. Check out there web site

Posts: 156 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I noticed! I should be at the $7500's so long as nothing changes.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jerry has done a great job at Empire, keeps making improvements, you won't be disappointed. Both of the money races will be very well run with true racers running the race......Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of scarab1999
posted Hide Post
raced at Empire in 2 IHRA divisional events..great track and prep! very well organized and treated the racers well !!

Posts: 97 | Location: troit | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:

You should be at both

Posts: 156 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
My old home track....I will try to make some of their races and support Jerry and crew!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:

You should be at both

I don't have a triple $20k kinda budget lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
3 20ks for 595 is good deal and close to home

DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Are the $7500's PRE ENTER only and limited to certain amount of entries???
plan to come up for that race but these other pre entries along with all the other off season upgrades are hurting my pocket alittle right now to commit to a race that far out.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
it is cheaper to enter if you pre enter on the 7500

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
Are the $7500's PRE ENTER only and limited to certain amount of entries???
plan to come up for that race but these other pre entries along with all the other off season upgrades are hurting my pocket alittle right now to commit to a race that far out.

http://www.empiredragway.com/index.html

Flyer is on the page. $250 preentry by June 1. $450 preentry for doubles, and you can choose how you double, same class or one in each. No max entry limit that I see. Really nice format, I hope the race gets a lot of support and happens next year, not happening for me this year.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
only 15 days left to pree enter into the 20k events

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
3 20s for $595?----seems that 3 $20 for $399 at Farmington for top or Elk creek if a foot braker is a BETTER deal unless its right down the street. Purse guaranteed!

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
obviously the purse is guartneed and Farmington is only a short 12 hrs from here.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
3 20s for $595?----seems that 3 $20 for $399 at Farmington for top or Elk creek if a foot braker is a BETTER deal unless its right down the street. Purse guaranteed!

I don't see how it is possible to state what the better deal is with the information provided in this thread.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3165 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1/3 less entry for the same purse that is guaranteed----that should be enough information to consider----maybe. Of course if either is right down the road that makes a difference also. But, I was only making a comparison of entry cost for the same purse. Look with 200 entries the $599 deal collects $40,000 more at the gate and pays the same purse. NICE for the promoter!

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
1/3 less entry for the same purse that is guaranteed----that should be enough information to consider----maybe. Of course if either is right down the road that makes a difference also. But, I was only making a comparison of entry cost for the same purse. Look with 200 entries the $599 deal collects $40,000 more at the gate and pays the same purse. NICE for the promoter!

There is almost no info about the purse! Only what the winner gets, which impacts 1 person on the property each day. Perhaps the extra $40K taken in is spread around to the rest of the field. That makes a big difference in deciding what is or is not a better deal, IMO.

This, along with the availability (or not) of buybacks, how much they are, how many rounds they are available.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3165 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
All of the big money races that pay good money to advertise here on DRR have event flyers in the Big Bucks section.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
nothing more than a idiot trolling around if you dont like the race keep scrolling

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh my---