DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    where is racer heaven in the usa?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where is racer heaven in the usa?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I've long thought it to be NC too. That may be my snowbird plan, if I'm lucky enough.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree on most parts, but we definitely have personal property tax...

Maybe that is per county. We don't have personal property taxes in the county we live in.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed both North & South Carolina for racing, mostly raced in North Carolina. My buddy ran me ragged when I travelled East for 2 or 3 years. The main tracks were Rockingham, Mooresville & Darlington, plus a host of others also. I enjoyed all of them & raced my butt off.

I also did similar trips to the Mid-West & had the same experience.

I like the ability to race at the good tracks & the outlaw stuff also. Plus, the choice of racing 2-4 times a week.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
When I was younger, Maryland (between Baltimore and Washington)was the place to be for racing in my opinion.

Capitol Raceway - 25 minutes
75-80 Dragway - 35 minutes
Mason Dixon Dragway - 1 hr
MIR- 1 hour
Cecil County Dragway- 1 hr
Colonial Beach - 1.5 hrs
Maple Grove - 2 hrs
US-13 Dragway - 2 hrs

Then we also had the options of:
VMP
Atco
Richmond
Beaver Springs
Numidia

All with-in a couple hours tow to get to them. It was great to be racing back then.

If you didn't like the weather, just wait, it will be different tomorrow.

Now, the 2 closest tracks have closed, Cecil doesn't do a weekly bracket series and I swear it is fkn hotter now than it ever used to be.

I'm looking for mid-70's year round with no snow when I retire.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tom I have a picture on my coffee table labeled "why I moved South". Snow drifted up to the windows of my Bronco. The last straw was when from my WV farm I had to dig out of the snow to go to Rockingham in March and then couldn't go back because my road was flooded for a few days. I like it here in NC. Don't know if its the best but its pretty darn good.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Nirvana is a myth, but central Indiana is a pretty sweet spot, but you have to travel a little for 4 1/2 months of the year to keep racing.
Nothing wrong with a short off season.
From the Indy area it's a nice flat 50-125 mile tow to 9+ decent tracks with reliable programs.
If you're all about the big bucks, I think North Alabama is where I'd be looking.

Depends on what sort of resources you need to have local to live your life like you want.

I couldn't imagine having to rebuild all the business relationships I have that are essential to my racing, and daily life.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
When I was younger, Maryland (between Baltimore and Washington)was the place to be for racing in my opinion.

Capitol Raceway - 25 minutes
75-80 Dragway - 35 minutes
Mason Dixon Dragway - 1 hr
MIR- 1 hour
Cecil County Dragway- 1 hr
Colonial Beach - 1.5 hrs
Maple Grove - 2 hrs
US-13 Dragway - 2 hrs

Then we also had the options of:
VMP
Atco
Richmond
Beaver Springs
Numidia

All with-in a couple hours tow to get to them. It was great to be racing back then.

If you didn't like the weather, just wait, it will be different tomorrow.

Now, the 2 closest tracks have closed, Cecil doesn't do a weekly bracket series and I swear it is fkn hotter now than it ever used to be.

I'm looking for mid-70's year round with no snow when I retire.
Sounds like you're looking at Hawaii

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I knew california was a long shot.like someone said 60 or so years ago cali was the spot..

so NC or TN getting lots of votes

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
North Carolina Drag strips........................ Brewers Speedway Rocky Mount
Coastal Plains Raceway Jacksonville
Farmington Dragway Mocksville
Fayetteville Motorsports Park Fayetteville
Galot Motorsports Park Benson
Harrells Raceway Wallace
Kinston Drag Strip Kinston
Mooresville Dragway Mooresville
New Bern Motorsports Park Bridgeton
Northeast Dragway Hertford
OBX - Outer Banks Speedway Cresswell
Piedmont Dragway Julian
Rico Dragstrip Clarkton
Rockingham Dragway Marston
Roxboro Motorsports Dragway Timberlake
Shadyside Dragway Shelby
The New 710 Dragway Rowland
The New Thunder Valley Dragway Red Springs
Wayne County Dragstrip Pikeville
Wilkesboro Dragway Wilkesboro
Z-Max Dragway Concord

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What are the temps in North Carolina now and recently?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Right now sucks temp wise. Mid 90 most of last week and this weeks no better.Two weeks ago low to mid 80's For next mon th will likely be a mix of 80's and 90's and then 80's mostly for Sept. October and.November should be some 80* days but mostly upper 70's with cool mornings and possibly some nice chilly days. Might get cpl nice cold days for us hunters. Dec. thru Feb and first half March it is hit and miss. Mostly 40,50 and cpl warm days. You will get some cold days like 20's and some snow.Might even get blizzard of 6"(LOL), but normally gone in 3 days. Basically we get a little of all but with mostly mostly even mix and few really bad days.

Now that is from a guy who has lived in central NC all his life.

Mountains about 100 miles west gets decent snows most years and the coast about 200 miles east has warm weather most of year, but with cost of hotter summers. Plus the higher possibility of hurricanes like any coastline.

Take yourt pick we have it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where is drag racing heaven in the United States?

Wherever Liberal World Order lies, manipulation and propaganda hasn't penetrated government.

We have penetrated cabinets globally

- Klaus Schwab - World Economic forum

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not to be Trusted... Clown World Order

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Brings to mind a question I had for a preacher one day. What kind of tires hook on streets of gold? He asked how do you know they drag race in heaven.My answer because they are all running around in circles in hell.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
What are the temps in North Carolina now and recently?

Big state and a lot of different terrain. Same day could be 90's in one area and 70's in the mountains.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I moved to middle TN 30 years ago mainly for the quality of life, and the cost of living. Got back into drag racing 12 yrs ago. I think picked a pretty good spot. There's probably a dozen tracks within a 3 hour drive. The reason so many company's have distribution centers here is it's a 12 hour drive to 3/4's of the population of the country. The racing here is highly competitive. Only downside is we're getting invaded by everyone from the west coast and northeast. Hopefully they will leave their voting habits there!

Jason Compton

Posts: 34 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Compton:
I moved to middle TN 30 years ago mainly for the quality of life, and the cost of living. Got back into drag racing 12 yrs ago. I think picked a pretty good spot. There's probably a dozen tracks within a 3 hour drive. The reason so many company's have distribution centers here is it's a 12 hour drive to 3/4's of the population of the country. The racing here is highly competitive. Only downside is we're getting invaded by everyone from the west coast and northeast. Hopefully they will leave their voting habits there!

They'll go with the consensus reality to fit in, they'll take that emotional quirk with em, wherever they go.

You could have a red barn, hypothetically speaking if there was a huge effort to convince everyone the barn was blue on TV, the consensus reality would be the red barn is blue, in no time.

That's how consensus reality works, aka official story reality. Officials making reality up as they go, according to what serves them.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can count on a large majority going with the fairy tales, no matter where they live. Laughing Hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
San Diego has about the best weather you could wish for unfortunately the politics ain't worth a plug nickel. There is a small 1/8th mile track in the East County (Barona) that has some very decent racing. Other than the Barona facility the next nearest drag strip is a few miles north of Bakersfield. Great management, great track (1/4 mile) in the cooler spring and fall months but it can be brutally hot in the dead of summer.

For me Maple Grove (Pa.) is the best facility that I have ever raced at although Numidia is at the top of my bucket list of placed to try.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I mean, if you didn't mind some winter down time, and don't like the summers super hot, we have Cordova, Byron, Tri State, Eddyville, Coles County, and Great Lakes. All ranging from 45 minutes to 3 hours or so away. There are a few others for a little more travel. About half the fun of this sport is building and improving for me. So winters in the nice warm shop I kinda look forward to. I figure there are summer months in the south that would be unraceable for me because of the heat.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post