DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Gas or Electric Golf Cart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas or Electric Golf Cart
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Looking at cart for the track. What is best gas or electric.

Posts: 46 | Location: where ever i want to be! | Registered: February 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
GAS

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Gas for me. I think they have more power and it's a lot easier to tip a can than plug in and wait.
I've got this that works out very well.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can buy ALOT of gas for 1K worth of batteries, just saying...

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I work for a dealer that sells gas and electric carts.

Only time I ever see a gas car is when they want it serviced, or the kids wreck them.

Electric....daily occurrence. Motors, controllers, wiring, cables, batteries mostly. And of course they get crashed too.

Electrics have lots of torque! Especially the AC motors. And they can be turned up. Way up. They can haul if your pockets is deep enough.

Another bad thing about electric. When they're bouncing around going down the road in/on the trailer, there's chance of the seat coming off, jamming the gas pedal to the floor, then the motor burns up and/or catches fire, taking the trailer and everything else in/on it with it. Have been many trailer fires start from electric carts. I won't own one. Only people that really like them are the leaf lickers and the golf courses that mandate them.

edit: forgot to mention. We sell about 200 cart a year give or take. Yamaha rep came in the other day and said next year we will get ONE electric cart. Can't get MCU's because of the electronic parts shortages. We can get all the gas cars we want but one electric (yamaha). California's ban on gas anything has caused a huge surge in electric golf cars, PLUS the manufactured shortages of MCU's. They're gonna be hard to find unless something changes, and yamaha says there's no "end" in the near future.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have had both, without question, GAS!

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Gas

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Gas

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark J
posted Hide Post
Gas!!!

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another bad thing about electric. When they're bouncing around going down the road in/on the trailer, there's chance of the seat coming off, jamming the gas pedal to the floor, then the motor burns up and/or catches fire, taking the trailer and everything else in/on it with it. Have been many trailer fires start from electric carts.

Ive got an old electric cart. Works fine but I would rather have a gas cart.
Whenever I put it in the trailer I disconnect the batteries. Hopefully this will reduce the chance of it catching on fire.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
gas all the way!

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Had both

Gas
These later model EZGO with Kawasaki engine is really a nice cart.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And reduce my carbon footprint? No way. Too many electrical issues and then there’s the friggen batteries.
Fuel all the way!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not even a debate GAS all the way.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
GAS

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Give your trailer a break and keep the extra 500-600 lbs of battery out of it....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Looks unanimous! Big Grin
X16 (or whatever) for Gas cart.
My vintage / antique 1982 2-stroke gas E-Z-Go just keeps going. Only thing I have had to replace is the starting battery.
(Went overkill, because a Honda car from O'Reilly battery fit in it, and will probably last the next 10 years). Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
Gas for sure…I have an old Yamaha G5 that I picked up from a golf course about 20 years ago when they were done with it.
I have pushed and towed race cars since, Roll the lawn (3 acres with 80 gallon steel drum roller) every year and spread fertilizer a couple of times every year……cant kill this thing!!
I had to rebuild the drive clutch once a few years ago (imagine that) but other than that, just minor maintenance.

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
gas

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
New World Order puppet Gavin Newsome has made electric the Law 2026.

If you don't think these clowns are coming with this nation wide, you got another thing coming!!

The healthiest guy in the room discuss's reality, the unhealthiest guy in the room discuss's his delusions (fear of Truth).

Keep complying, see where that gets ya.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post