Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Big Nasty
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted
Sad day for drag racers every where. Kyle Seipel lost his battle with cancer. He was a great racer but even better person, husband, father and friend.

Posts: 634 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
GODSPEED…..

Posts: 1264 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That is horrible news! RIP Kyle

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Terrible news and although I never met him I am truly sorry to read he lost his battle.

RIP Kyle....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. RIP Kyle. A true Gentleman. Such a joy listening to Kyle and Pete. Prayers for his family...

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
The guy was pure GOLD, RIP Buddy

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RIP Kyle, Have known him and the family since I moved to Cali in 98...Prayers to the family

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 992 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kyle, look up Neil and Randy when you get there, Im sure they will be in the staging lanes to give you a hug. I know I would be. Godspeed my friend.

Posts: 299 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
sad news for sure. prayers sent for the family.

ep

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bought a helmet from Kyle, nice guy. RIP Sir.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace buddy, thousands of friends and family will miss you forever. My prayers go out to all his Family .

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Kyle was one of the nicest guys you could have ever met, certainly unforgettable. They say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and in Kyle's case that is absolutely true of Georgia and Ted. Rest in Peace Kyle for those of us who encountered you on this path of life we were all richer for the experience.

Our condolences to his entire Family.

God Speed.

The Mendenhall Family

Posts: 3090 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sad day for the racing community and family. Such an asset for racing and friends. We were fortunate enough to watch Kyle grow up racing at Fremont. Before Kyle got his license he worked the time slip shack at Fremont. Both he and Eric Reyes. I’ll always remember him leaning out of the shack with thumbs up or thumbs down! I’ve watched him win on bikes, Healy’s , door cars and dragsters. It didn’t matter, he was great! Kyle paid attention watching Ted and Georgia win races in the Healy’s. The apple didn’t fall far from the tree. We had a front row seat watching him grow.
Our Heart and Prayers go out to the Seipel Family.
God Speed Brother.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is a sad day in our Community. May he Rest in Peace.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4043 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Very sad day indeed. Met him at the second spring fling race and was just a delight. I only got to see him once or twice and year but always talked and treated me like we have known each other for years. Rest easy my friend. You will truly be missed.

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I just didn't have any words yesterday, and so many people had already eloquently described the man, the myth, the legend. I'll just add the tidbit of trivia that may go unmatched and should not be forgotten: TWELVE time Bracket Finals Champion. Insane!

One year at the Fling, I'd parked behind the tower. As I took my leave from the after-party one evening, I walked back to my pit area, and saw that the Volare was gone. Without ANY hesitation at all, the thought that instantly came to mind was, "Where did Kyle move my car?" LOL (He hadn't made it very far... it was under the left side grandstands, with a block behind the tire because he couldn't figure out the shifter.) LOL

Godspeed, bud.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kyle won 10 nhra division championships, 10 plus nhra National events, 50 plus nhra division races and my friendship 27 years ago. One of the best people I have ever known. I'm so sad.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I'm honored that I got a chance to me him, and hang out with him for a bit. This life just doesn't make sense sometimes. Frown

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
RIP Kyle. Your loss will be felt all over our community. Praying

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Agree with everyone. One of a kind and long time customer. 2014 or so we've got 1st round of TD at Charlotte national in the Spring. 8am EST, temp is 30 degrees F, track temp - 57, no wind. My cell phone rings at 7am. (4am Kyle's time!) "Whatcha gonna do Bud? It's cold as hell there but it's gonna stick." I throw out a dial - he says; "you're close but what do you think about 6.68 dial and drive the line." Of course I say yes. Blast off, whomp once, touch the brakes: 6.682 killing 6 mph. You can't make this up. Gonna miss that guy.

Mike Laws Performance

Posts: 33 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post