DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Front end accessory drive options
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front end accessory drive options
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
Star for me also! Quality stuff and the service is outstanding!

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have used the same setup as Lincoln for quite a few years with no issues. I will continue to use that setup on that car (now wife's car) and my new car is will have the same setup that Ed uses.

The only real issue with the Moroso mount is you are limited to a Ultra Mini which are usually only 50 amp. I had HOP build me a 75 amp one but it is at the limit of those alternators.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I have used the same setup as Lincoln for quite a few years with no issues. I will continue to use that setup on that car (now wife's car) and my new car is will have the same setup that Ed uses.

The only real issue with the Moroso mount is you are limited to a Ultra Mini which are usually only 50 amp. I had HOP build me a 75 amp one but it is at the limit of those alternators.

https://www.moroso.com/alterna...unting-kit-bbc63867/

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fabman:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

https://www.moroso.com/alterna...unting-kit-bbc63867/

Must be a new one. The one I have used for years only allows for a Ultra

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Check with alternator supplier on recommended rpm. 7" crank pulley is spinning the alt too fast. On the flip side, the wrong pulley combo will spin it too slow to charge at idle. It takes some planning.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post