Find
Notify
Tools

GM 632??
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
This ain’t nothing look what they are putting in the 2023 ZO6 vette…

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

curious as to why a manufacturer would put this much effort into engine technology that will be discontinued in the very near future.there is no doubt everything going electric

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is no doubt everything going electric

Seems you have bought into the concept, and granted they are doing a good job selling it. The reality is the electrical power infrastructure simply doesn't exist and won't for some time. Especially the more they kill coal, natural gas and nuclear power. Sunshine and a stiff breeze isn't going to get it done, at least for now.

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is no doubt everything going electric

And you thought smoking at the gas pump was risky!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not even sure why, but I can't get excited about GM building something that other builders can, and do build for similar money. Is there something better about it?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I'm not even sure why, but I can't get excited about GM building something that other builders can, and do build for similar money. Is there something better about it?

It was an amazing car at one time, because we could get an 60,000 dollar car that would compete very well with cars that were 2, 3 and 4 times as much.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there something better about it?

It think it's in direct response to Dodge's 1000hp Hellephant hemi.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pricing

MSRP $37.7k
"Discounted" to $29.5k

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Who’s dyno? GM? There’s sales H-power then there’s reality.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4506 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just passing along information I read on CARBUZZ.

https://carbuzz.com/news/chevy...s-more-than-a-camaro

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
No, it is not worth that much and they will not sell many if any at all.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4024 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
more $ than brains and the clueless car show crowd will line up for this turd

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FWIW the Sema show order price was $29,499.00 but the price after was listed as $37,758.72 which is odd enough to get me to believe they will never be sold at that price just sayin..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

Personally I don't think the engine pictured will even run let alone make 1000 HP.. Full Moon Laughing Hard

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post