Find
Notify
Tools

Ryan Herem
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted
What happened with Ryan at Wild Horse last night? I read that he crashed and is okay.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
CHANDLER, Ariz. - The 36th NHRA Arizona Nationals at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park at Phoenix, AZ
Near the end of the third round of Super Gas, Ryan Herem's Corvette was involved in an incident after the finish line. He is conscious and alert, but the car suffered serious damage.

Due to the extended time necessary for cleaning up the track after the finish line, the balance of tonight's eliminations have been postponed.

The last two pair of Super Gas will be rescheduled, along with Round Three of Top Sportsman until after round one of the Pro's tomorrow

The above from DRC.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed-----Car#-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET-- Speed
7192 Ryan Herem 7585 Marko Perivolaris
E3 0.006 9.960 161.85 ****WINNER**** 0.034 9.903 167.63
S/G Index: 9.90 (+/-): 0.060 S/G Index: 9.90 (+/-): 0.003
Prior rounds:
E2 (B Packard ) 0.013 9.921 0.021 (M Withers ) 0.024 9.920 0.020
E1 (K Manogue ) 0.008 9.913 0.013 (M Boehner ) 0.006 9.924 0.024
Qualified: #6 9.913 0.013 #12 9.924 0.024

Great six light for Harem, but Marko Perivolaris gets the win. MOV: 0.0298 seconds (approximately 7 feet).

The above from DRC Round 3 SG

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
How did it happen?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
On classraer there is a thread on this, a friend said he hit the wall after the stripe.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
He crashed and when they feel you need to know anything about it I’m sure they will post it

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here we go again......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
What happened with Ryan at Wild Horse last night? I read that he crashed and is okay.

[/Ryan will be having surgery today to fix his 4 broken vertebrae. Luckily his helmet did it’s job.! The corvette is a total loss... He’s extremely painful and can still feel all of his fingers & toes.! He’s in great hands with Dr Chin @ Chandler Memorial.. please keep thinking good thoughts for our boy... he’s got a long recovery ahead of him.! Thank you so much for all of the love and support.... We’re Gonna Need It.!

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damn, Dad and Grandpa must be frantic....Best wishes to the entire family....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a good recovery.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Ryan and the Family. Sorry to hear the news but have a lot of confidence in the Doctor treating him. Praying for ya, if you need anything call me. You have lots of friends.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent from Yarnell.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Any updates about how the surgery went?

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone!
Ryan Herem (if you didn’t know) was in a racing accident Saturday night at the NHRA event in Phoenix. After hitting the wall once with the front, he then hit it again on its side with the roll cage as the impact zone.
He compressed and splintered his T3 and T4 vertebrae. Along with fracturing T6 and T11. He broke multiple ribs on both sides.
He had surgery Sunday afternoon by one of the top 5 neurosurgeons in the country, and we are happy to report that she said the surgery went very well, was stable throughout, even though it was worse than the MRIs had shown.
The surgery itself stabilized his spine by placing two titanium rods/multiple screws from T1-T7, she also performed a laminectomy in two places. He now has a custom chest and neck brace to wear for at least 6 weeks to support the ribs, fracture outside the surgery zone, and the surgery zone itself.
Don’t know yet about a hospital release date, but we will be in Phoenix for at least two weeks as the healing process continues.
Thank you to everyone for all of the support and prayers. Ryan and I appreciate them so much!

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Wow sounds like Ryan Herem is in for a long recovery process and I wish him the very best

What is amazing to me is the extent of his injuries compared to what Ryan Newman received in his Daytona 500 crash. Newman had no broken bones, no internal injuries just a head injury that sounds like a very severe concussion and walked out of the hospital is 2 days after hitting the wall head on at 185 MPH then getting hit in the drivers side roll cage by another car.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
hope ryan recovers fully soon!!

I wonder if he was wearing a hans...also if maybe he was real loose in the seat and it shoved him around?? ive been thinking about those pour in seats wonder if that would have helped him?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Wow sounds like Ryan Herem is in for a long recovery process and I wish him the very best

What is amazing to me is the extent of his injuries compared to what Ryan Newman received in his Daytona 500 crash. Newman had no broken bones, no internal injuries just a head injury that sounds like a very severe concussion and walked out of the hospital is 2 days after hitting the wall head on at 185 MPH then getting hit in the drivers side roll cage by another car.

That's a fair point.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Get well Ryan!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

That's a fair point.

That's an apples to watermelons comparison. Cup cars are 10 times safer than any drag car around period. NASCAR has a special R&D center just to test and inspect every aspect of the cars running today. They also have crash boxes on every car.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

That's a fair point.

That's an apples to watermelons comparison. Cup cars are 10 times safer than any drag car around period. NASCAR has a special R&D center just to test and inspect every aspect of the cars running today. They also have crash boxes on every car.

It was never my intent to compare the safety of a 50K S/G car to a Nascar cup car, your right there is no comparison,cup cars crash all the time so they are designed to crash and millions have been spent to protect the driver, where a sportsman drag car rarely crashes but when they do they do a pretty good job "most" of the time protecting the driver IMO. I was just noting the difference in the injuries which is amazing and proves the safety difference.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post