DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Capco boys helping out Cashflow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Capco boys helping out Cashflow
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Our own Vern Bolton "Cashflow" getting his broken chassis welded up by the Capco boys in Phoenix. This is what racing is all about, a Top Fuel team helping out a super comp racer. Very cool!!

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sully3358
posted Hide Post
Very cool. A number of years ago, Steve Schmidt and Tim Wilkerson both stopped what they were doing to help fix a rocker arm for me. Tim then put one of his guys on it until it was completely back together.

That was the last weekend I ever ran Crane shaft rockers.

Posts: 183 | Location: IL | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
That is just great. I couldn't tell you how many times i have been in that position. Since i also bring out the service truck out to an event when possible. One event i had repaired 3 toter drive tires. (Patched) along with a little welding here and there. Always more than happy to help the fellow racer.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I hope that welder is qualified and he gets it recertified before going on the track.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I hope that welder is qualified and he gets it recertified before going on the track.

I hope you are joking...BTW Chassis certification has nothing to do with the front end of a dragster its all about the drivers compartment. The rest is a track tech issue.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

I hope you are joking...BTW Chassis certification has nothing to do with the front end of a dragster its all about the drivers compartment. The rest is a track tech issue.

I think this was a joke regarding a big money race and a disqualification.

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Remember the Capco guys were both Super Comp racers not all that many years ago!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Looks like a city job...LOL Thanks to the Capco boys for helping Cashflow.... always like seeing the positive side of our sport.

You Da Man

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Where is the ;
L I K E
button?
Cool stuff for sure.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Ask Johnny Bracket Racer how repairing chassis at the track works out ....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Ask Johnny Bracket Racer how repairing chassis at the track works out ....

What the fuc??? Did the Capco team repair Johnny Bracket Racers chassis??? No? Then what the he11 does your post have to do with ANYTHING???

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4469 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like they’re repairing an upright, or otherwise something up front.

Johnny bracket racers car broke in half behind the driver. Different situation.

Posts: 716 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Good to see that.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I would like to humbly thank Billy and Steve Torrence, Jake Sanders (welder) and the rest of the Capco crew for all their help in repairing my car. For the record I was working on the Racepak and my friend Bill Dennis noticed a crack where one of the uprights was welded. As Jake put it just a standard Super Comp deal and he said he had fixed a bunch of them. They were just a great bunch of guys and got things fixed in no time.

My understanding was no re-cert was in order and I went ahead and raced the car. Everyone who knows me knows that if it had been more than just a crack I would have not raced it at all until it could be properly repaired.

I will run the Tucson races this week and look everything over before we go to Dallas in a month. Thanks everyone for your concern and thanks again to the Torrences and Jake and all the Capco guys.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post