DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just Read Tommy Johnson Out Cruz Pedregon still alive @ JSR
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Just Read Tommy Johnson Out Cruz Pedregon still alive @ JSR
 Login/Join
 
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student. $50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!


While I hope I'm wrong, I find that to be very simplistic and short sighted. Where is that $50k/per student (Trillions in total) going to come from. The printing press. While that might support a season of drag racing, it ultimately has dire consequences, when the bill comes due, on the entire nation. To think anything in the near term that is brighter than ever defies pending reality. Again, hope I'm wrong.


Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 2340 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student. $50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!


While I hope I'm wrong, I find that to be very simplistic and short sighted. Where is that $50k/per student (Trillions in total) going to come from. The printing press. While that might support a season of drag racing, it ultimately has dire consequences, when the bill comes due, on the entire nation. To think anything in the near term that is brighter than ever defies pending reality. Again, hope I'm wrong.


I was being sarcastic.A pretty stupid idea if you ask me.

I'm sure many would like their mortgages to be paid too.
 
Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
On the contingency thing my dad has gotten 1 check from March this year for winning the baby gators 1 out of 11 have paid, I told him when you or I get in a final we will put tape over all the stickers Big Grin

He talked with Jeg Jr and M/T at US131 in June and they both said "covid" was why they were behind paying, yea ok.... Roll Eyes


I had 6 from a RU at Tulsa D4 race, once I started Emailing them I got paid by all 6. Took 3 months. To me it wasn't the money it was the principle of it. MT was the very last to pay and they give a pre loaded gift card not a check
 
Posts: 2452 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student. $50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!


While I hope I'm wrong, I find that to be very simplistic and short sighted. Where is that $50k/per student (Trillions in total) going to come from. The printing press. While that might support a season of drag racing, it ultimately has dire consequences, when the bill comes due, on the entire nation. To think anything in the near term that is brighter than ever defies pending reality. Again, hope I'm wrong.


Not that I agree with it, but it’s probably similar in total dollars to the $1200 per person or whatever stimulus that was sent out earlier this year, and with more impactful benefit.

If people are hurting financially, a one-time payment of $1200 isn’t solving that problem.


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3173 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastracer482:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a perpetual event for as long as people submit, in a year from now we'll be on this same program. How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

Eventually this will catch up with everyone 99.99%, it'll be a camping world literally speaking!!



I think the future of drag racing is brighter than ever.

Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student.

$50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!

Smile


They turned these University's into four year summer camps to keep young adults busy because they had offshored their jobs to china!!

Underwater basket weaving degrees. It's a complete freak show!! And people buy it ALL!!

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!


It is NOT a complete freak show. My son graduated last year with a doctorate in Pharmacology. College is just like life you need to make good decisions and be ready to own up to them.
Now my son is a doctor “PharmD” and I could not be more proud of him.
 
Posts: 406 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastracer482:
quote:
Originally posted by fastracer482:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a perpetual event for as long as people submit, in a year from now we'll be on this same program. How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

Eventually this will catch up with everyone 99.99%, it'll be a camping world literally speaking!!



I think the future of drag racing is brighter than ever.

Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student.

$50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!

Smile


They turned these University's into four year summer camps to keep young adults busy because they had offshored their jobs to china!!

Underwater basket weaving degrees. It's a complete freak show!! And people buy it ALL!!

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!


It is NOT a complete freak show. My son graduated last year with a doctorate in Pharmacology. College is just like life you need to make good decisions and be ready to own up to them.
Now my son is a doctor “PharmD” and I could not be more proud of him.


Spot on! It's easy for folks to generalize everything. The new target for some is that college degrees are worthless and a waste of money. And also that they turn every young person into a flaming liberal. It does happen and some people do get worthless degrees that cost them dearly. But not all. Some young people are motivated and make good decisions.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I or my son never borrowed a penny for his college education. Should I be expecting a check for $50,000?


RJB
 
Posts: 58 | Location: Springfield IL | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJB:
I or my son never borrowed a penny for his college education. Should I be expecting a check for $50,000?


I never borrowed either. And we have saved for my son's. What a deal it would be for someone who worked hard to avoid the debt or got it paid off, and here comes the forgiveness.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastracer482:
quote:
Originally posted by fastracer482:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a perpetual event for as long as people submit, in a year from now we'll be on this same program. How you figure parts sales are normal is beyond my comprehension!! With 700,000 jobs being destroyed weekly, how do you come to these conclusions?!

Eventually this will catch up with everyone 99.99%, it'll be a camping world literally speaking!!



I think the future of drag racing is brighter than ever.

Joe Biden is under pressure to eliminate $50,000 of student debt for each student.

$50,000 can buy A LOT of race parts!

Smile


They turned these University's into four year summer camps to keep young adults busy because they had offshored their jobs to china!!

Underwater basket weaving degrees. It's a complete freak show!! And people buy it ALL!!

HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!


It is NOT a complete freak show. My son graduated last year with a doctorate in Pharmacology. College is just like life you need to make good decisions and be ready to own up to them.
Now my son is a doctor “PharmD” and I could not be more proud of him.


My nephew is a scientist as well , a computer scientist. we weren't discussing degrees which produce jobs with salaries which can service school loans, but ones which can't and are now looking for a handout debt jubilee.

Lots of college degree young adults living at home working part time minimum wage jobs who can't service their school loans, who were charged a lot of money for these educations, they'll never use.

Your son and my nephew are the exceptions to the rule. One easy trend to evidence this is Toys R Us went out of biz, this tells you these educations don't produce jobs which pay well enough for young adults to get married and start a family.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a deal it would be for someone who worked hard to avoid the debt or got it paid off, and here comes the forgiveness.

True, but you're only talking about money. How about those of us that were drafted into the military, risk our lives (and many lost theirs), then along comes amnesty for the Canadian asylum emigrants. My prediction, it'll happen, giving out free money is all the rage these days.


Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 2340 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
One easy trend to evidence this is Toys R Us went out of biz, this tells you these educations don't produce jobs which pay well enough for young adults to get married and start a family.


Toys R Us was carrying billions of dollars in debt 20 years before they finally collapsed. That’s big trouble even before a major expansion of Walmart and online shopping going mainstream.

Good try though!


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3173 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Joe Burkleo, Harley did not sponsor the Pro Stock Bike class
 
Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How about this in response to Biden's College debt forgiveness plan.

Forgive the debt but serve two years in the Military. No exceptions.

Can't serve the Country then don't ask for a release from your obligations.

Bob
 
Posts: 3099 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^Yes^^^^
 
Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
On the contingency thing my dad has gotten 1 check from March this year for winning the baby gators 1 out of 11 have paid, I told him when you or I get in a final we will put tape over all the stickers Big Grin

He talked with Jeg Jr and M/T at US131 in June and they both said "covid" was why they were behind paying, yea ok.... Roll Eyes


I had 6 from a RU at Tulsa D4 race, once I started Emailing them I got paid by all 6. Took 3 months. To me it wasn't the money it was the principle of it. MT was the very last to pay and they give a pre loaded gift card not a check


mt got me with the pre loaded card. look at the expiration date on the card. if you don't use it by then you are sh !t out of luck. I think my next set of tires may be hoosier.

ep
 
Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
One easy trend to evidence this is Toys R Us went out of biz, this tells you these educations don't produce jobs which pay well enough for young adults to get married and start a family.


Toys R Us was carrying billions of dollars in debt 20 years before they finally collapsed. That’s big trouble even before a major expansion of Walmart and online shopping going mainstream.

Good try though!


All the big corporations carry big debt, it's their ability to service their big debt, the same as yours which exemplifies staying power. That and too big to fail bailouts during down turns.

It's a fact the majority of young adults aren't getting married and starting families, can you blame them?

It's also a fact, a debt jubilee for school loans is small potatoes in comparison to too big to fail corporate bailouts.

Everything is in collapse, it was this way before covid. The pain we're gonna experience was kicked down the road since the 2007 collapse, nothing was repaired, if anything the destruction was turned up a notch with massive QE money creation.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You can't offshore the US economy to china and expect to have an economy by expanding credit, to replace wages. Unless you wanna end up $27 trillion in debt, with no end in sight to the amount of further money creation, to keep the ship from capsizing.

Why else would I ridicule wing wong ching chong purchases daily, from the day I got on the net?

 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of The Bozman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJB:
I or my son never borrowed a penny for his college education. Should I be expecting a check for $50,000?


This is very Valid, I spent over $120k on my education 25 years ago, paid for all of it. So me being responsible, a contributor to society means that I have to pay now for kids that aren't? But they didn't pay for mine, I DID.


Keeping the Socialists and NEO-LIBERALS at bay with FACTS one post at a time !!!

Freedom isn't free !!! Thank a veteran, they will actually appreciate it.
 
Posts: 2498 | Location: Gilmer, Texas | Registered: June 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
quote:
Originally posted by RJB:
I or my son never borrowed a penny for his college education. Should I be expecting a check for $50,000?


This is very Valid, I spent over $120k on my education 25 years ago, paid for all of it. So me being responsible, a contributor to society means that I have to pay now for kids that aren't? But they didn't pay for mine, I DID.


Basically it is "Buying Votes" and part of the Socialist dung kids are being taught in schools. That they Deserve everything for Free. Nothing is Free and if you think it is Free you can not afford the payments taxes that pays for it.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 4066 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My Uncle paid for my education, I paid him back with three years of service in the Army.

It took several decade but all our children have paid back their College loans. No whiners, just honorable people who fulfilled a commitment.

Their "Word" meant something.

Bob
 
Posts: 3099 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just Read Tommy Johnson Out Cruz Pedregon still alive @ JSR

© DragRaceResults.com 2024