Find
Notify
Tools

Dylan Hough
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Brock
posted
Anybody have the story on this kid won the dragster shootout at the fling and went some rounds... Ends up in Pheonix at the National event runners up in Top Dragster & goes deep in Super Comp... just curious how he made all that work

Posts: 186 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: March 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Probably left Thursday morning to go to Phoenix, about a 5 1/2 hour drive. The kid is a really good racer. If he can pull it off, why not. Didn't Smoke run Indy cars and NASCAR on the same weekend back in the day?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Probably left Thursday morning to go to Phoenix, about a 5 1/2 hour drive. The kid is a really good racer. If he can pull it off, why not. Didn't Smoke run Indy cars and NASCAR on the same weekend back in the day?

Pretty sure he had people driving his **** from race to race and an airplane lol

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 214 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Brock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

I swore I saw him making laps Thursday in Vegas maybe not, definitely doable Vegas to phoenix. Regardless a good week of racing for the young gun. Impressive to say the least.

Posts: 186 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: March 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think he won the Dragster on Tuesday for the second year in a row. His dad runs alcohol funny car and is really good. Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Yup that family is all in. His dad has been racing Alcohol funny car for decades out of Oregon. They hired Justin Lamb to build dragsters and tutor the kid. Also the dragster he drove was the same car Kevin Brannon won the Spring Fling Milion in 2 years ago when he drove for them.

Made it to Phoenix to make 1 qualifying lap.

SL...

Posts: 2111 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I met and raced against Dylan at the Phoenix national in TD last year, nice kid and was very polite. I broke an exhaust rocker at the shift so didn't give him much of a race

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dylan bracket races here in Vegas frequently. We lost to him in the final a few weeks ago. I lost him round 1 as I was .002 red. He is a great kid and one helluva drag racer

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post