DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What's up with LVMS?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with LVMS?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I checked the LVMS website and there is no test n tune or bracket racing schedule shown for the remainder of 2023. Anyone out there know what is going on there?
I'm sure the national and division races will happen but bracket racing? Anyone?

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I don't know where you were looking, but the schedule is par for the course during this time of the season. Below is the link, scroll down to Sept.

https://www.lvms.com/tracks/strip/

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2560 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Average daytime temp in Vegas July/August - 108 degrees. On all that asphalt/concrete, it probably jumps up another 10 degrees.

The street legal deals don't really get going until about 10PM, if they are typical of other tracks that I've seen run those events.

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pretty typical under current management. We use to race at night and more often under Blairs management. Seems we keep getting fewer and fewer races each year anymore. With the antonymous testing "courses" taking over some of the facility and trailers taking even more it makes a guy wonder. I think they would be happy with the Nationals, Divisionals, Fling and EDC and call it good honestly.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was going to the website/events/ET bracket series
Now I have the link you gave and it's fine.
Thanks B King you set me straight every time. Big Grin

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Your welcome Dan!

Are you able to participate in any of the dates?

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2560 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big money bracket race at Bakersfield October 19th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Big money bracket race at Bakersfield October 19th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd.

Thanks Mike!

Looks like a good race for the West coast. Cool

I was worried the dates were going to conflict with previous made plans with friends back East.

Scroll down a little for the flyer.

https://famosodragstrip.com/schedule/

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B , I'll go if you go

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4472 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I was worried the dates were going to conflict with previous made plans with friends back East.

Dave, I wish I could go; see above.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bryan, any idea on LVMS track rental involves? I see they have a tnt day coming up also

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4472 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Bryan, any idea on LVMS track rental involves? I see they have a tnt day coming up also

No idea on LVMS track rental. I don't see a TnT until Sept. along with the points races. The stuff you are seeing in July & August are street legal deals.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey I've driven my dragster out on the street!

Dave

F J B

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sept. is a busy month for LVMS with bracket racing. There are 4 bracket races, JR. Dragsters included. Plus, Div. 7 Bracket Finals & JR. Dragster Finals on separate dates.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trust me you cannot afford it. Hell NMCA couldnt afford it.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sept 9-10
SCSN
Thanksgiving

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
quote:

Trust me you cannot afford it. Hell NMCA couldnt afford it.

Couldn't be much worse than Irwindale out here .....Only $3000 for 6 hours ....I told them I just wanted to do some 60' squirts, then back up and make any changes behind the line.....I explained their return road isn't dragster friendly so no full passes

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, You can rent Bakersfield or you said Barona was easy drive so why not go there

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couldn't be much worse than Irwindale out here .....Only $3000 for 6 hours ....I told them I just wanted to do some 60' squirts, then back up and make any changes behind the line.....I explained their return road isn't dragster friendly so no full passes

Trust me that's not even the same zip code as LVMS.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Dave, You can rent Bakersfield or you said Barona was easy drive so why not go there

I would be intersted in a group rental at Bakersfield. It is also a bit more than Irwindale is but if we get a few guys woudl be worth it. Been a few years since I have been to a rental at Bakersfield but seem to recall $5k ish...

Marcus Tullius Cicero