DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fastest in America LOL
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fastest in America LOL
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
Yea I know its TV and completely scripted , but come on could you make it even more obvious then that $ hit last night haga

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Brian, I like the show far better than the original and no prep kings but the I have a hard time believing that JJ and his crew beat NOLA again for the big $. NOLA's car are truly the fastest in America, not MSO's

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Agreed! The level of N.O cars to JJs crew isn't even close. Laughable at best. The fix was in for sure.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
From what I have read JJ moved the starting line back 400 feet and tested on it the night before. NOLA was not allowed to test on it. Just like last season when he moved the final race to a dusty street in Las Vegas, he changes the rules mid race to suit him

From Kye Kelly's FB page

Kye Kelley
·
I’m not even gonna speak on tonight , I will say we weren’t paid to lose. I will also say I’ll never participate in anything else that rules get changed , roads get altered , or we don’t get to test where we are racing if the other team is allowed too. I will also never race a team that their team leader heads the rules and flags the race. You screw me once that’s on you , you screw me twice that’s on me , you screw me three times I’m just an idiot and I can promise u I’m not an idiot. NOLA is the fastest team in the land with no hustling , just straight up putting them on the line and beating down the pavement like men. We’ve proved that time and time again. Peace out . Thanks for watching us the past few months!

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Heard this from the Nor Cal fast guys too. Undisclosed location that the hosting party has already tested on and no testing for the guests. Nice show of sportsmanship.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The show is an f'ing joke. Watched once and that was 1 hour of my life I'll never get back.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Take it from those of us who have actually been there. First off its a TV show, keep that in mind. Second ANYTIME Memphis and JJ are racing they get the street for testing for usually a couple days ahead of filming. Its not news it is how the show has always operated. They come to your town, they pick the road and only they get to test on it. Generally they pick the worst surface they can find to race on in the permitted road. Again its a TV show. My son has been part of numerous filming's with JJ and crew. He is a very nice guy and they had/have some nice cars but they are not all that fast.

They just spent a few weeks in Vegas filming, in fact all the narration for these races in Wyoming was filmed at Insane Power in Vegas when they were there. Its also where one of the "zipties" was left after getting destroyed yet again, its still sitting there.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everyone need to remember, it's JJ Da boss's show, he/they will lose a few but not the big ones, no different than Beat Bobby Flay. Bobby wins 99% of the time, has to because his name is on the marque and that's what the sponsors are paying for. Still far better than the original and big douche who kye kelly biotched about too. Kyle don't like losing but loves being on TV.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its Television...Just like Pinks All Out was TV. The racing is real on the Memphis S/O stuff but the scales are tipped quite a bit.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
of course they are. The fix is in from day 1 on all "reality" tv shows.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kye can say they didn't get paid to lose, but they did get paid to participate, so no point is complaining after the fact. When the starting line was moved, he could have easily said everything he said in his post above and walked away, but $ ruled.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Scott Taylor's response

In response to last nights’ show. I debated on going live or just making a post. I decided it’s probably easier to sum this deal up with a single post.

The two main things I keep seeing floating around the net is that we just didn’t adapt well when the road got moved up and the other thing that bothers me the most is people are saying we took a dive. I’m going to start with the easier of the two. There are several reasons team Nola struggled in the finals. I can list them but in my opinion it’s all just excuses but in this instance I will share so y’all know what happened.

1st: Road got moved to a section that was very groved up and it wouldn’t hold any rubber.
2nd: Burnout box was moved back 70’ away from starting line which keeps us from attempting to lay rubber down during burnout.
3rd: It’s hard to win when you have your flagger leading the opposing team.
4th: They lined all 8 cars up and put us on a 7 min timer so we couldn’t make changes to the cars to adapt to the road condition.

We don’t make excuses and that’s all those things I listed are.

The only reason I shared them was to answer the second thing that I wanted to talk about... We would never take a dive, EVER. We fought to the last second trying to win. If you know me you know how competitive I am. Whether we are racing to lunch or across the yard or riding go carts with the kids, winning is all I think about, it’s in my blood I guess. My Dad was the same way lol. People who do what we do and spend their life doing it don’t lay down for anyone. WE LOST AND WE WILL LEARN FROM IT. NO EXCUSES WE WILL LOSE AGAIN AND WE WILL WIN AGAIN.

#TEAMNOLA
#INITFORTHEW
#NOEXCUSES

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
There's a reason JJ doesnt run no prep kings. None of his junk could win there.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
have nothing but complaints AFTER they chose to compete and now those complaints are excuses as to why they lost. Newsflash, Scott and Kyle you were never going to win, it wasn't in the script and you should have known that from last season.

As usual, there are no victims here, only willing participants. It's JJ's show he and his crew are the stars, it's why I tune in and why advertisers pay, not to see NOLA run.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Who watches this crap, and why? When it's over do you change the channel to Love After Lockup or some other such ridiculous trash?

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Below Deck, Monday nights are great. Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Below Deck, Monday nights are great. Laughing Hard

Is the one with Captain Sandy back on?

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
There's a reason JJ doesnt run no prep kings. None of his junk could win there.

Yep

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Who watches this crap, and why? When it's over do you change the channel to Love After Lockup or some other such ridiculous trash?

I was sure somebody in this thread was gonna say they were just kidding. This is still the Big Nova Murder Chief street racing people, right? And legit bracket racers follow it? Seriously? Eek Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
This is still the Big Nova Murder Chief street racing people, right?

Nope