DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Has Anyone Raced The NHRA Hot Rod Racing Series?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Raced The NHRA Hot Rod Racing Series?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Has anyone raced the NHRA Hot Rod Racing Series?

I'm looking to race one of their races in Bakersfield CA. in the Hot Rod class H/R. JRed, is that one of the races you ran up Boise ID. I'm pretty sure no electric/air shifters allowed, but not sure about a transbrake.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Trans brake is allowed, electronics are nit. Cliff Ricci is very well versed in all the rules.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,

I'll get with Cliff, guess the Electonic Fuel Injection might be an issue. Eek

Are you announcing that race?

2BKING Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think you'll be okay on the EFI. Instead of hot rod which has a s--- load of entries and plenty of oildowns Big Grin, you may want to try a .60 gas class. I haev a lot of friends that run them and they are a great way to race in teh series.

If you have electronics, you should be able to unplug. I'm not an electronics guy (never ran them), but my understanding is that you can bypass the electronics and it will pass tech.

Mike does all the races for Bakersfield just so you know.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information JB!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
2BKING, no it was not a part of that series for sportsman racers they had several classes. One being called Bracketeer, which was just super pro in our world, the other pro eliminator Which was just Pro. And heavy which was basically Sportsman.

it was a great time, yeah it was only a $10,000 a day race and it was 1100 miles one way and we had one heck of a great time. These people know how to run a track, 3000 to 5000 people every day and twice that on Sunday. Been there several times and will continue if you’re in the area you need to go and experience it.

ED, You don’t need to put your two cents in here we already know your opinion

Me too

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
BKing, the classes I pointed out are part of Group 2 in the Heritage series. So when you look at the Heritage series, any race that has Group 2 listed will be run at that event.

Group 1 is for the fast dogs. I ran in Group 2 as well. in NE-1.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
2BKING, no it was not a part of that series for sportsman racers they had several classes. One being called Bracketeer, which was just super pro in our world, the other pro eliminator Which was just Pro. And heavy which was basically Sportsman.

it was a great time, yeah it was only a $10,000 a day race and it was 1100 miles one way and we had one heck of a great time. These people know how to run a track, 3000 to 5000 people every day and twice that on Sunday. Been there several times and will continue if you’re in the area you need to go and experience it.

ED, You don’t need to put your two cents in here we already know your opinion

Me too

I have raced the Divisional in Boise in the past & might consider racing the Nightfire Nationals next year. Wink

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
looks like it was a stop for that series. But the only classes that ran was nitro burning top fuel nostalgia dragsters, funny cars, and The altered. Call three groups put on a great show.

Didn't think of that

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post