DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Towing to Fallon, NV?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Towing to Fallon, NV?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
We will be towing our Top Dragster from Bellflower, CA to Fallon, NV on Thursday for the National Open races there.

What is the easiest towing route to get there?

I know that we will be taking US395 north and see several options for crossing over to Fallon:

Bishop
Lee Vining
Carson City
Other?

Can anyone help?

Thanks… DG

Posts: 442 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave, take hwy 6 out of bishop to I-95 north. It will take you to the track. Its out in the middle of no where.

Posts: 4 | Location: South City | Registered: January 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Also, be aware that North of Bishop you have loooonnnngg uphill climbs all the way to Minden.
I agree with getting to US 95 from Bishop which won't add much to the trip but will be flatter.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 1006 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Made it to Top Gun yesterday with no problems.

Waiting now for the call for Top Comp TnT session one.

Posts: 442 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Give us the rundown on the weekend. How did everything go?

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 1006 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Easy trip from Bellflower to the track.

We only have a few runs on the new ProCharger engine and ran the test and tune on Friday.

First pass the car left really strong for 6000+DA, but made a hard move around the 330foot mark and Steve has to lift.

The second run, one of the wires on the Transbrake broke and we didn't get a time, but he still made the full pass. All of the Racepak numbers looked good, so we called it a day.

Saturday morning was a big problem getting the engine to keep running in the warm up. We did a bunch of checking behind the dash and were finally able to run Q2 to get qualified, but the burnout switch wire didn't disengage, so the engine would only run 5500RPM. It was a all run show, so we qualied last in the 11 car field. We had nothing to determine dialin and just guessed based on the other couple of blown cars. We ran really far better than we expected and broke out by a ton!

Sunday was a great day with no issues at all and we qualified number one in the 9 car show. We had a single in round one. Won round two on a double breakout by just 0.0018! The car picked up up even better ET in round three and we broke out again. 4.15 5ET,171.49 MPH, with a 1.017 sixthy foot time at 6890 foot DA.

The first two days were challenging, with things we hadn't run into before, but Sunday made for it and we got the points we needed for Sonoma in July!

We are about 30 minutes to Bishop, CA right now on the way home!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
David,

Do you have enough passes on the ProCharged combo to like it better than the nitrous combo?

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING
Do you have enough passes on the ProCharged combo to like it better than the nitrous combo?

HUGE difference! At about 7000 feet Density Altitude we were pulling 2.65 G's off the line and ran a 1.017 sixty-foot time.

With no prior data and the car running better each run picking a dial-in was crazy.

The next challenge will be Sonoma with a expected DA of just over 2000 feet!

The back half of the car was perfect all weekend and we only had unexpected issues behind the dash, which are now remedied!

We had a great weekend and thanks to everyone for the good advice on getting to and from the track.

Great people at Top Gun. NHRA, and in town!

We got our grade points for Sonoma, a small check, didn't break anything, and had a really nice time!

DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great weekend David, congrats!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 164 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post