DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    A book I wrote was just published!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A book I wrote was just published!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted
This post will confuse some of you who know me.

As some of you know, I started Crew Chief Pro Software 30 plus years ago. What almost none of you knew is I also write books. No, not books about racing, or software development, but novels.

My Crew Chief Pro Software has a million lines of code, and growing. With that many modules and lines of code, sometimes I ran into "writer's block". Years ago I began to write short stories to re-center my focus. These short stories accomplished their mission, because when I returned to software development I had a fresh perspective. These short stories weren't all that great, just a distraction to help me focus.

Two years ago I found some old high school papers with an idea for a book. I didn't pay much attention to this idea at first, but when I hit a wall on software development, I began to write.

The book was about something important that really bothered me, which is kidnapped children. The next thing I knew the book had grown to an interesting story with many of my life's memories. I thought it was actually good. So, I let a few friends read it. Keep in mind, nobody in my entire family, including my wife knew anything about it.

I received very positive feedback, so I continued off and on for a year. Recently I decided to send it in and see if it was worth publishing.

I want to show all of you my newest creation, it is called, "But Who Will Save The Children." 400 pages, so not a short story. It is now available on Amazon in both book and electronic formats.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1385 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here are the book covers.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software

Posts: 1385 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here is the Amazon link:

But Who Will Save The Children - A book by Don Higgins

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I was just yesterday toying with the idea of giving writing a try. Very cool.

Mike

Posts: 1579 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Don, being a retired high school instructor for 48+ years, BOOKS are the greatest gift humanity can attain! Hats off to you for sharing your thoughts and beliefs. Going to order it now. Ozzie.

Posts: 41 | Location: so. ca. | Registered: June 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Very impressive Don. I will get a copy. Love to read.

Sonoma??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4568 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Big Grin

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5326 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post