DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    I received the last set of Crane Cams BBC Gold rocker arms,...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I received the last set of Crane Cams BBC Gold rocker arms,...
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
last set sold on the planet, new in the box.

Keep buying that china garbage, all the American drag racing Icons companies will be gone.

Who's next? Comp Cams, Lunati?

Americana no more Crane Cams. Sad Americans are this dumb, to fuel and fund their own demise, while a few globalist wh0re traitors with no allegiance to America get filthy rich.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
MADE IN USA quality.

Pretty proud I never voted for any of these clowns, who sent America down the river to china.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just received these today for the old 385 back-up motor. I really hate using stud mounted rockers anymore, but he old Sportsman II heads don't deserve rocker shafts!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I just received these today for the old 385 back-up motor. I really hate using stud mounted rockers anymore, but he old Sportsman II heads don't deserve rocker shafts!

Nothing wrong with stud mounted rockers conventional valve spacing. I built a 434 in 2007 with Crane Gold rockers for a guy I raced with. Brodix Track 1 227 ported by our local guy Walt. This was a Lunati Pro Series rotating assembly w/ Pro crank and rods, Lil M block, Lunati solid roller camshaft, Comp belt, all good chit. Summer it was dial'd 5.60's, winter 5.50's.

He liked it so much, he wanted a spare, so he ran the $ numbers by me on what he could get one complete short block from a nationally known builder. I told him go for it, I'd like to see it in comparison to what you have. So they ask what he currently has, runs. And end up getting him in a raised cam block. The Lunati we had in the other engine was as big as you're gonna get in a non raised cam block, it was 679 630 278 286 110, it had 035 clearance rod bolt to cam with it degree'd 6 advanced. Anyway long story short he an entire engine with heads 60/40 needed shafts, raised cam , I don't know the specs but that thing wouldn't run within 2 tenths of the 434 I built him, with Crane Gold stud mounted rockers with a Lunati cam I picked out of the catalog, with a set of Brodix 227's. When he told the national known engine builder what the engine ran, the guy didn't believe him, he had to send pics of the time slips.

Nothing wrong with stud mount, especially Crane Gold. Shafts are a status symbol unless you have unconventional valve spacing.

The car is a Nova just like RacerVX54's, only a sbc. Probably 2500, 2550 lbs. Maybe lighter, I dunno. The weight on this car was always a hot button topic, because he out ran everyone 23 sbc off the trailer, with that engine. People asked me I said I dunno, don't care, we're bracket racing, it don't matter how fast you go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have the Crane Gold also on the 385 & we have Harland Sharp on the 434 Shafiroff. We have T&D shaft on our other 434 & I got spoiled with them.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I have the Crane Gold also on the 385 & we have Harland Sharp on the 434 Shafiroff. We have T&D shaft on our other 434 & I got spoiled with them.

I have T&D on my 427 as well, but if I had Brodix T 1 227 sbc cylinder heads, or anything like em with conventional valve spacing, I wouldn't. I'd have Crane Gold with an old school stud girdle.

Fine, nothing wrong with it.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have run the Crane gold rockers on a lot of engines for the last probably 30 years. Also ran some Harland Sharp. Big Blocks .740 lift and less. Anything over .750 T&D. All small blocks for myself and others Harland or Crane. Stud girdles also.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thoughts on Scorpion products.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I've been running those gold Crane rockers on my 540 BBC for years with no issues.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've been running Crane rockers on the 506 in my motor home since 2001, never had a failure.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Dam shame really.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I have a set of the old style on my camaro, that you can actually change the ratio on the tip.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
So are you saying Crane is no longer making the gold rocker arms or that the Crane gold are now an import item?
I have ran the Crane gold for years. Great product!

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Williams:
So are you saying Crane is no longer making the gold rocker arms or that the Crane gold are now an import item?
I have ran the Crane gold for years. Great product!

The sales rep at JEGS said Crane is officially out of Biz.

I got the last box of Crane Gold 1.7 BBC rockers on the planet, according to the rep at Summit.

I bought em for a early 70's 50k muscle car, I'm doing an engine.

Started out a cam swap. The owner doesn't like the 50 plus yr old cast closed chamber pistons we found in it.

427 + .030

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
That F---ing sucks. Hard to count number of crane Items I have used over the years.Now most of my cams came from Comp Cams,but do have cpl Crane.Now with Hemi stuff not much I used from the in valvetrain except some lifters.With street stuf I used a bunch of crane stuff. Damn shame such a Hot Rodding icon is gone.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable how much fun it is to drive this car. The intake valve was kissing the piston with the old cam retarded 6 degree's, so I ended up overhauling the entire engine pretty much. Flycut an old set of Silvolite forged closed chamber pistons. Car runs killer, I added sway bars and Eibach Super Damper shocks, car handles like a sports car. Everything I bought MADE IN USA including the last box of Crane gold BBC rockers.

Old school single pattern Hydraulic Roller just under 600 lift.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
MADE IN USA ... Crane Gold premium.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We did some more business with MADE IN USA. Keep Americans working.

Flowmaster Super 40 startup Big Block Chevy Chevelle SS.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Working on a MADE IN USA Gear Vender for the RIPPER tire fryer Turbo 400 Big Block Chevelle SS.

2.91 final in overdrive. Killer Machine.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you build a 427 - 454 BBC for a street performance muscle car, I highly recommend this cam.

It's music to the ears. Comp Cams Magnum single pattern hydraulic roller part# 11 - 450 - 8.

Excellent power to 6200 - 6300 rpm. 2800 - 2900 stall converter. Choppy idle. Perfect muscle car camshaft.