New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re-entry Round
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I never thought of this,but I heard this is sometimes done.

Let's say you win first round.

They call buybacks to the lanes. You decide that you want another round of practice,so you don't mind paying for the buyback even though you won.

Winners and losers can enter the re-entry round?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So you win first round and then win re-entry round. Does this mean you have two entries in 2nd rnd?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am sure that if you win 1st rd. and then win the buyback rd. you would get a half price entry to the jackpot. If you win the Jackpot you hit the trifecta. You have 3 entries in the 2nd rd. and a guaranteed spot in the semi finals.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZ:
I am sure that if you win 1st rd. and then win the buyback rd. you would get a half price entry to the jackpot. If you win the Jackpot you hit the trifecta. You have 3 entries in the 2nd rd. and a guaranteed spot in the semi finals.

Laughing Hard

Beside the fact that you have to be completely eliminated on all entries to purchase a jackpot ticket, and you get back in 5th or 6th (?)round.....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
No, you're not getting a $3000 entry for a buyback. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of manny
posted Hide Post
What the **** happened to traditional bracket racing?

Manny Sousa

Posts: 475 | Location: bradenton, florida | Registered: January 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's a reason some would do it,if it's allowed and it's not just for a time run......

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manny:
What the **** happened to traditional bracket racing?

Manny Sousa

Ahem. I have never and have no plans to ever b*yback. So talk to me about whatever happened to traditional bracket racing. Big Grin Once it became entirely about the money, the rest was pretty easy to predict. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I have never and have no plans to ever b*yback.

That’s because you have never and have no plans to ever compete in big $ bracket racing.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
I have never and have no plans to ever b*yback.

That’s because you have never and have no plans to ever compete in big $ bracket racing.

While you are quite correct that I have never and have no plans to ever compete in big $ bracket racing, my decision to not b*yback was made before there even was such a thing as big $ buck bracket racing. The very first time I saw b*ybacks in action, I knew they were not for me. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Assuming you bracket race with the intent to be competitive, to win, 50% of the racers lose 1st round for anyone of a number of reasons so unless you’re in a hurry to get back home every race day why wouldn’t you buyback? What financial, moral, religious or social injustice does buying back present to you?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Assuming you bracket race with the intent to be competitive, to win, 50% of the racers lose 1st round for anyone of a number of reasons so unless you’re in a hurry to get back home every race day why wouldn’t you buyback? What financial, moral, religious or social injustice does buying back present to you?

Like we always say, your already here!

There have been days that I have not felt good or just wasn't on the tree for whatever reason and didn't buy back but most of the time I do.

Posts: 1565 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just thinking. Has there ever been a big money race or weekly bracket race, were the first round losers, rather than buy back into the race they enter a different payout race? The cost would be the same as a buy back, just now they are in their own race for a different payout. Just thinking of something different. I have talked to a few racers and people putting on big money races, nobody has heard of doing something like this. Bob J

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Moral. I do not think it is right to simply spend your way past a round loss. And as I have been told since day one: "B*ying back is a personal choice. If you don't like it, don't do it." I hear that less and less as the years go by. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scoop:
Just thinking. Has there ever been a big money race or weekly bracket race, were the first round losers, rather than buy back into the race they enter a different payout race? The cost would be the same as a buy back, just now they are in their own race for a different payout. Just thinking of something different. I have talked to a few racers and people putting on big money races, nobody has heard of doing something like this. Bob J

I would enter something like that, however, it would be very unpopular with most other bracket racers nowadays. It's all about the purse. The b*yback money collected props up the purse. If you were to eliminate that, the main event purse would be smaller. Also, the purse for the secondary event would have to be even smaller, since it would not have that same b*yback money to prop it up and there would be fewer participants. Have to collect more money in order to pay more money. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Moral. I do not think it is right to simply spend your way past a round loss.

So you don’t compete to win, just there to make passes. Got it

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tom, I was just thinking out of the box like they say. Do something different that might attract people to a race. Bob J
quote:
quote:

I would enter something like that, however, it would be very unpopular with most other bracket racers nowadays. It's all about the purse. The b*yback money collected props up the purse. If you were to eliminate that, the main event purse would be smaller. Also, the purse for the secondary event would have to be even smaller, since it would not have that same b*yback money to prop it up and there would be fewer participants. Have to collect more money in order to pay more money. Take care. Tom Worthington

Don't get behind me,I'm in the slow lane.

Posts: 108 | Location: Newville PA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scoop:
Tom, I was just thinking out of the box like they say. Do something different that might attract people to a race. Bob J[QUOTE]

Fair enough. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There was a program at a track once upon a time,where all the buybacks had to come to the lanes separately from winners each round and run each other.They only merged when cars from either ran out.

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't know if they still do it but Greer,SC used to run their show like this with a consolation race. Too complicated for most tracks to run. Easy money for a track is 2 rounds of buy backs, many don't add to the purse this is just their money purse is either 80-100% payback. Some will even sell raffle tickets to win a reentry for later rounds. many do a dash for cash or whatever they call it for closest to the dial wins 1/2 the pot or a mulligan to be used later.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post