Bracket Talk
Maps/direction apps. For IPhone

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/7987002896

March 08, 2022, 05:54 PM
fastracer482
Maps/direction apps. For IPhone
What map app are you guys using when traveling?

I have downloaded the Mapquest app, but am having some trouble with it and am looking for something else.
Apple Maps looks good as do several others. Anyone have one they really like?
March 08, 2022, 05:58 PM
Canted Valve
Might want to consider Google Maps.

Illegitimi non carborundum
March 08, 2022, 07:17 PM
Rodney Pryor
Waze has worked really well for me.
March 08, 2022, 08:18 PM
Big Steve
I use Google maps but the problem with it is it will always take you the shortest route but not always the best easiest route. It took me down a dirt road once out in west texas to save maybe a mile and a couple stop lights
March 08, 2022, 08:43 PM
BG7X77
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:

This^

BG
March 08, 2022, 08:53 PM
183N
quote:
Originally posted by Rodney Pryor:

x3
March 08, 2022, 09:35 PM
ferndaleflyer
I use old fashioned paper maps and when I get close hit my Apple maps. Memory works pretty good if I been there before. I also have WAZE on my phone to look for trouble and detours
March 09, 2022, 06:49 AM
KWig
If your going to use it finding new tracks, download some RV/Trucker map apps.
GM and Waze, are great, but can suck for us towing, because it can put you in a pickle, at times. The normal ones dont account for trailers.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.
March 09, 2022, 07:22 AM
BD104X
If you use Google maps on a PC (not a mobile device) it will let you drag the route with your mouse to modify it. This works really good if you want to avoid a specific road or area, and lets you see just how many miles you added or saved with the modified route. I print it out old school and take it with me. Once I'm driving, I use Apple maps on my phone but I ignore the GPS when it differs from the tow-friendly route I printed on Google maps.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
March 09, 2022, 09:33 AM
Canted Valve
quote:
If you use Google maps on a PC (not a mobile device) it will let you drag the route with your mouse to modify it.

This is true for MapQuest too. But my daughter told me MapQuest was old school year ago! Wink

Illegitimi non carborundum
March 09, 2022, 10:52 AM
Alaskaracer
I use the maps app installed on the phone by Apple. Works great, never an issue....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
March 09, 2022, 08:27 PM
FastLane
I believe Waze is powered by Google, just as many mapping services are.

I use Google but it does get me in a pickle at times. I guess i drive Too fast for apple. I pass intersections because they show up after I pass them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FastLane,