Bracket Talk
RV Insurance

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/7947055186

August 13, 2018, 06:17 PM
sc3171
RV Insurance
Any recommendations for RV insurance? Who to go with, what's needed, what's not, etc...Needs to be a licensed agent in IL.

I've checked with Good Sam, Progressive and State Farm so far.

This is for a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 38B. I'm seeing between $1,000-$1,300/yr but have heard of other racers spending far less for even more expensive coaches.

Thanks
August 13, 2018, 07:39 PM
ferndaleflyer
I have had progressive for years 2 claims with no increase. $800+a year. Forget good Sam as it has went south so I changed to Coach net. Just used them yesterday. Locked out. I have a DP.
August 14, 2018, 05:53 AM
Bucky
Progressive here. I have not had issues with them. Don't care for the ownership, but their product service me well.
I have never purchased one of the services. They seem like a lot of money, and I always wonder out in the sticks how long it would take to get a tow going through them. Tows are pretty expensive regardless, so maybe it would be worth it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
August 14, 2018, 07:57 AM
FLDuck
I just went through this exercise and went with Good Sam to insure our 2011 American Revolution. We are at 2k a year for 100/300, roadside, replacement coverage for total loss (not cash value). The last one can be a big one. I also increased the personal belongings coverage. Don't want to skimp on insurance.
August 14, 2018, 08:09 AM
sc3171
When I called Good Sam and asked for an agreed value policy it was obviously an inconvenience for them but that's definitely what I want after researching some of the actual cash value claims on motorhomes.

Progressive had no problem quoting it that way and it's only a little bit more money.

Does anyone "turn off" their liability and collision coverages during the winter months if you're storing the motorhome?
August 14, 2018, 08:35 AM
JakeW143
I have National General through Good Sam and I "turn off" the liability for 5 month of the year. Refunds me around $200 of the $800 yearly bill.
August 14, 2018, 09:21 AM
MikeB4963
We went with Progressive
August 14, 2018, 10:21 AM
ferndaleflyer
I had a blowout inside dual, middle of nowhere, middle of the night on Sunday and raining and Coach Net was there in 30 min with a tire and was gone in 30 min. I don’t care what you think that road service is worth every penny. Just wait till you need help and don’t have it
August 14, 2018, 05:54 PM
BarneyB
Progressive since 2010

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

August 14, 2018, 06:43 PM
fordracer9326
I also have progressive with a set value. I totaled a fleetwood discovery in April. It was almost too easy to deal with them and get settled. I can't imagine dealing with anybody else after they took care of me like they did. Any insurance will do today, but the day after something happens, you'll be glad you had progressive. Obviously, this is my opinion, but April wasn't long ago and I won't soon forget the way they took care of me.
August 15, 2018, 04:21 PM
sc3171
Thanks guys. I went with Progressive. An overwhelming majority of people I've talked to all use Progressive and have very few bad things to say. I went with an agreed value policy which seems like the only smart way to go on these depreciating money pits.
August 16, 2018, 08:56 AM
TomR
I have Erie Insurance for everything and was paying just over $300 a year for my old Bounder with full coverage, $250 deductibles on comp. and collision and road side assistance.

72 Nova "Hooptie"
August 16, 2018, 09:24 AM
RPROGAS
IDS Property and Causualty Insurance Company, $46.87 for full coverage (every 6 months) on the motor home I use tow my race trailer.

That policy was obtained through Costco in Santee, California as part of coverage for all our vehicles, my wife’s Subaru Outback and my Toyota Tacoma.

Bob
August 16, 2018, 09:30 AM
RPROGAS
That policy did not have towing coverage but I have 75 miles of towing with my AAA Membership.

Bob