Bracket Talk
Comfortable shoes question??

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/7897026307

August 19, 2026, 08:30 PM
BTR69
Comfortable shoes question??
Reading the helmet thread reminded me. I've been curious about what folks like in respect to shoes when racing. Been wearing RJS brand and damm if they don't get uncomfortable about 5 minutes into wearing them. Swapping to my comfy slip on's after a pass isn't really a big deal, but if I get busy between rounds, I don't want to forget. I'm sure they'll protect my feet quite well in the event I need them to, but hurtin feet suck... What shoes do y'all feel good in when racing? Really like to have something I can wear all day and at least feel ok in.

Thanks...


William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
August 20, 2026, 05:43 AM
183N
I wear these Sparcos and they’re very comfortable: https://www.jegs.com/i/Sparco/...1EAQYBSABEgKPvfD_BwE

My wife has Pro 1 and says they’re comfortable too.
August 20, 2026, 01:44 PM
Lenny5160
I wear Puma Speedcats. They aren't SFI certified but they are small with great feel for the pedals.

My Nova has the stock pedals in it, but with bulky shoes the outside of your foot can get caught on the trans tunnel when you mat the throttle.




Tony Leonard
August 20, 2026, 01:47 PM
Al Alguire
Another vote for Sparcos here. I have had G Force, RJS and thew Sparcos are way more comfy.


"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
August 20, 2026, 07:47 PM
BD104X
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I wear Puma Speedcats. They aren't SFI certified but they are small with great feel for the pedals.

My Nova has the stock pedals in it, but with bulky shoes the outside of your foot can get caught on the trans tunnel when you mat the throttle.



x2 on the Speedcats - nice compromise of a regular sneaker & a racing shoe. There is a Sparco edition that really looks the part, too! I wish they came in wide sizes...


Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com
August 20, 2026, 07:58 PM
RPROGAS
Sparco

Bob
August 21, 2026, 11:14 AM
Rodney Pryor
I wear Sparco as well - but it was a game changer when I upgraded the insoles!
August 22, 2026, 01:06 PM
Larry Scarth
Skechers slip-ins


When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.
August 22, 2026, 08:26 PM
BTR69
Thanks for the info y'all.


William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100
August 23, 2026, 12:07 PM
Eman
Hot weather have to wear shorts so slip on sneakers for the win so I can put pants on easily in the lanes or when we're called up.