DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    for those who carry ?Totally non drag racing related warning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

for those who carry ?Totally non drag racing related warning
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
For those on site who carry concealed or open. What is your holster of choice,for which ccw or open and what is your weapon of choice.

For Me I usaully carry open since no ccw yet(still on the fence about government reason) and occasionally I conceal. Yes conceal is illegal w/o permit. two things there unless situation requires who is going to know if done correctly and it is a misdemeanor in NC to ccw w/o permit. Before comments about they can tell.I have shown a friend that is/was a cop that when done right w/o tale signs, no you can not know I am carrying..

Now back to question since discalimer is done. What do you carry and what do you carry it in?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Most of the time Sig P320 Compact in .357 Sig with 2 spare 18 round magazines. I use an owb holster from Kevin Haas Holsters. If they way I'm dressed makes this difficult I carry a Sig P938 (9mm) or a S&W Model 36(38 Special) in my pocket or on my ankle.

I've had my NC Concealed carry permit since they first became available in 1995. I get the reason you're on the fence, but I'll guarantee you that you're already "on the list". It does tick me off to pay $75 every 5 years to renew my "right".

Be careful though, Ediot is anti gun.

Added: You knew I'd answer didn't you. :-)

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
XD 45, or XD 9 Springfield, Cross Draw Holster because of difficulty getting my arms to bend.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sig 365xl in crossbreed supertuck or any of my Glocks in supertucks

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
What guns? I don't have no steeenking guns....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Dam boating accidents

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I carry both ways a 9mm Taurus in a Mikes holster. Don’t need anything expensive or fancy to get the job done. I’ll bet a bunch on here never knew I had it when I was around them.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
Most of the time Sig P320 Compact in .357 Sig with 2 spare 18 round magazines. I use an owb holster from Kevin Haas Holsters. If they way I'm dressed makes this difficult I carry a Sig P938 (9mm) or a S&W Model 36(38 Special) in my pocket or on my ankle.

I've had my NC Concealed carry permit since they first became available in 1995. I get the reason you're on the fence, but I'll guarantee you that you're already "on the list". It does tick me off to pay $75 every 5 years to renew my "right".

Be careful though, Ediot is anti gun.

Added: You knew I'd answer didn't you. :-)

Heck I bet I am on lot more list too. All of my friends sending their AR ghost guns parts here did not help. The ones I ordered had no effect. LMAO Not to mention butt loads of brass and projectiles.

Looking for new carry options.Both gun and holsters. My P12.45 with two spare mags gets heavy at times,The Sp1010 ruger in 357 mag is not too bad. Various holster for both depending on drass and activity. Example when on Motorcycle I carry 45 in shoulder rig,set for left handed draw since right hand has to control throttle. ,357 mag I carry high on hip in galco OWB or SOB if wearing long enough jacket to know its not going to ride up.
Now for lite weight carry I have colt mustang in 380. Might say I am bit of 1911 fanatic. Building me a new custom full size tricked out with wish list parts.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I have my ccp and that's all I will say about that...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
crossbreed. The leather backer makes it way more comfortable and spreads the pressure evenly inside the IWB. XD-M 10mm.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
And how many guys have a box full of holsters they don't like? Looked damn good in the pictures...in the box... Smile

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
have alot of pistols but the two I carry the most are my sig P320 or Kimber "mini " 1911 -- 9mm ... alien gear holsters are great . belly band holster for when I'm riding my road bicycle

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Pants on fire !?

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Kimber 45/1911 CQC holster.

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Taurus 38 snub nose chief special.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Go to “On Your 6 Designs” high quality and comfortable.

Posts: 404 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
H&K VP9 with Alien Gear holster. None are perfect, but it works. I had custom ones made at my local gun store that I plan to try this week.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Very difficult to get a permit here in Maryland and there is no reciprocity for those entering the state.

quote:
Handgun Permit CategoryRequired
Please select the Category(ies) most applicable to your current application.

A-Owner or Employee of a Business - Submit photocopies of a Trader's License, Business License, or other legal document to prove the existence of the business or organization.
Business Activities - Provide documentation of business activities that would justify carrying a handgun, such as the transport of financial instruments or other items of value. Examples of acceptable documentation would include (but are
not limited to):

1) At least six (6) recent deposit slips documenting business revenue.

2) 3 Months of recent bank statements documenting ATM or teller deposits or withdrawals for business revenue or expenses; AND/OR

3) At least ten (10) recent receipts or invoices for purchased supplies, delivered products, or non-electronic payments collected for services provided by the business.

4) Business Employee / Organization Member - Must also provide a letter from your employer/organization on business stationery explicitly requesting that you be allowed to carry a handgun for business/organization duties. This letter must
also explain, in detail, the duties that would require you to carry a handgun. If the request includes duties as defined above, please select the "Business Activities" category and provide the appropriate documentation.

B-Federal Employees or Contractors - Who possess an active "Top Secret" or higher security clearance.

C-Assumed Risk Positions - Correctional Officers, Judges, State's Attorney, Assistant State's Attorney, and Elected Officials.

D-Active or Former Law Enforcement - Law Enforcement (Active, Retired, or Resigned in good standing from a recognized law enforcement agency)

E-Private Detective / Security Guard / Special or Railroad Police / Armored Car Driver or Guard - All applicants who are employed as Private Detectives, Security Guards, Special Police, and Railroad Police, must submit a certification of qualification with a handgun from a Maryland State Police Certified Handgun Instructor on an MSP form. A copy of the form letter supporting "good and substantial reasons," ownership of weapon, and location where the weapon will be maintained is also required. (This form can be obtained from your employer).

F-Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above - There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

Documentation may not be redacted, with the exception of personal identifiers of customers or other third parties. Additional documentation may be required to complete your investigation.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
I have a few holsters from these folks...very well made

http://stonerholsters.com/

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
My main carry is H&K P30SK LEM in a Kramer custom leather IWB. Kramer is a company here in WA that makes great leather holsters.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post