DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Big NHRA News of The Day
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Big NHRA News of The Day
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gatornationals - 50 spectators if you count stray cats, wild dogs, possums, squirrels, rabbits and raccoons.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I did more research in the application of Force Majeure and found an interesting fact. Unless the term "pandemic" is specifically included in the contract as a cause of Force Majuere enforcement between Coca-Cola and The NHRA, enforcing the clause might be problematic, certainly not impossible but difficult.

Since The NHRA has filed suit against The Coca-Cola Corporation this will in all likelihood end in either a settlement based on services rendered / not rendered or an outright exclusion of payment by Coca-Cola or The Court enforcing full payment to The NHRA. In any event this will be decided by a Judge, not any of us on this (DRR) or any other web site.

The suit definitely creates a riff between the parties that may play out be to neither Parties benefit. Until this is resolved I agree that The NHRA might be better served to continue serving it's obligations under "The Contract" unless The Coca-Cola Corporation orders them to stop.

It will be interesting to see what The NHRA does at the Gator Nationals this coming week end. There are other considerations that come into play (tickets pre-sold, etc.)

Not a good situation, no winners here.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Collapse of business

Sears, JC Penney, Radio Shack, Burdines, Payless Shoes, Sports Authority, Neiman Marcus, CMX cinemas, AMC theaters, Old Navy, Pier One imports, Hertz rental cars, 24hr fitness, GNC, Brooks Brothers, Stein mart, Kmart, Bed Bad Beyond, Mens wearhouse, microsoft, Nordstrom,Victoria Secret, Game Stop, Kay Jewelers,Gap,Walgreens,Toys R Us,Forever 21, Modell's, A.C Moore, Macy's

Debt zombies couldn't keep up with their subprime credit card and loan payments given them, to replace wages that were offshored to china.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The hand writing is on the wall NHRA got cast out to sea by Corporation Owned America - Coca Cola

NASCAR got a life line - can survive without a single arse in the seats, with their TV package.

It's not a matter if, but when.

Elected officials own it all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
It would seem that if lack of advertisement due to pandemic. That settling on a different amount for sponsorship would have been better for all. Besides it will be over in about 45 plus days.

Heck I shouldn't be drinking sodas anyway with diabetes and this is just more reason not to. I do not have a problem with not renewing a deal or announcing they will to return. Backing out in this manner I do have problem with. Not sure what Coca cola has for advertising fund, but would bet this deal is small part of it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I did more research in the application of Force Majeure and found an interesting fact. Unless the term "pandemic" is specifically included in the contract as a cause of Force Majuere enforcement between Coca-Cola and The NHRA, enforcing the clause might be problematic, certainly not impossible but difficult.

Since The NHRA has filed suit against The Coca-Cola Corporation this will in all likelihood end in either a settlement based on services rendered / not rendered or an outright exclusion of payment by Coca-Cola or The Court enforcing full payment to The NHRA. In any event this will be decided by a Judge, not any of us on this (DRR) or any other web site.

The suit definitely creates a riff between the parties that may play out be to neither Parties benefit. Until this is resolved I agree that The NHRA might be better served to continue serving it's obligations under "The Contract" unless The Coca-Cola Corporation orders them to stop.

It will be interesting to see what The NHRA does at the Gator Nationals this coming week end. There are other considerations that come into play (tickets pre-sold, etc.)

Not a good situation, no winners here.

Bob

From what I read in the lawsuit NHRA is doing everything they can. But haven’t been paid by Coca-Cola in over 5 months.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Dumba s s e s cut the PRO DRIVERS purse and want to sue when their purse gets cut....AMAZING

^^^^^^this...pathetically over paid people in a "non profit" organization. NHRA is single handedly killing drag racing for years. Meanwhile BRACKET RACING for big money continues to grow and thrive!

Said it many times in recent years...NHRA has nothing to offer except less payouts while the executives still get over paid, furthermore the wally simply isn't worth chasing anymore.

JMO not all will agree...

Chris I will never disagree with the NHRA payout comparison with big money bracket racing.

But there was 500 plus competitors at the NHRA D4 double at the Texas motorplex this past weekend that don't agree that NHRA has nothing to offer. After returning to NHRA and running Top Dragster the past 2 years I can tell you there is no shortage of racers at these events and I am having more fun than I have in years.
There is plenty of room for both big money bracket racing and NHRA class racing in drag racing today

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am at the age where I want to race. Be competitive and have fun. I finally take class racing seriously and it is getting screwed up for whatever reason. I can’t win

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Class racing NHRA should go the route of big money bracket racing, if that's what works.

Make 10.90 9.90 8.90 all run $2000 entry fee, one buy back.

Pay 80% back and a wally.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Small correct regarding Force Majuere. It's French not Latin. Like that matters?

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Dumba s s e s cut the PRO DRIVERS purse and want to sue when their purse gets cut....AMAZING

^^^^^^this...pathetically over paid people in a "non profit" organization. NHRA is single handedly killing drag racing for years. Meanwhile BRACKET RACING for big money continues to grow and thrive!

Said it many times in recent years...NHRA has nothing to offer except less payouts while the executives still get over paid, furthermore the wally simply isn't worth chasing anymore.

JMO not all will agree...

Chris I will never disagree with the NHRA payout comparison with big money bracket racing.

But there was 500 plus competitors at the NHRA D4 double at the Texas motorplex this past weekend that don't agree that NHRA has nothing to offer. After returning to NHRA and running Top Dragster the past 2 years I can tell you there is no shortage of racers at these events and I am having more fun than I have in years.
There is plenty of room for both big money bracket racing and NHRA class racing in drag racing today

This^^^ and nearly 900 racers at the US Nationals following 2 previous events at Indy makes it clear that after 51 years, winning a Wally is still worth it as does John Force with 151 and counting and Dan Fletcher with 104.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meanwhile BRACKET RACING for big money continues to grow and thrive!

Depends how you define "grow and thrive." Big money bracket racing attracts ZERO spectators, either in person or on TV, which means it attracts ZERO sponsors. It's perfect for a pandemic, because nobody goes to watch anyway. It depends 100% on the entrants willing to pay enormous entry fees.

With one round of buybacks, 75% of entries are eliminated after 3rd round, which means 75% paid a huge entry fee (and probably a buyback to boot) and went home empty-handed. I'm not seeing how that's any different from running an NHRA event, financially. But get-rich-quick schemes suck people in every day Smile

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All ya need is a middle class for it all drag racing to thrive.

No middle class, no drag racing.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Already working on a new sponsorship

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
All ya need is a middle class for it all drag racing to thrive.

No middle class, no drag racing.

Well, that's not entirely all that is needed. The middle class was doing better last year than in years past. But little improvement for car counts for most racing. Spectators at drag and oval racing aren't what they used to be either. Yes there are other competing forms of drag races competing for racers dollar. But regardless of how well the middle class does...if the car culture continue to falter, so will all forms of racing. IMO.

Yes money races have done much better than local points races. But that may not save local bracket programs and thus the tracks that they are at.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NHRA cut the purse to the winner of Pro Stock down to $6,000 to win.
I just looked at the entry list for the Gatornationals this weekend.
22 entries.More than normal.
I don't think the NHRA necessarily needs a major sponsor.
These guys would probably race for a 6 pack of Coke.What other choice do they have?
Bracket race their Pro Stockers?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY. millionaires playing with other millionaires. It ain't about the crumbs NHRA throws back at them!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Already working on a new sponsorship

Camping World is one that is being thrown around. Their money is green anyhow.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
So, will Gainesville be the Bass Boat Nationals?
Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post