Tools

Watch the cops
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I see Oregon is like Connecticut,
NO CDL for RV's.

I wonder how many other states are like this.
Red Face

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC4400:
Which I never do. And from what my tax lady tells me, writing off on a hobby has been ended for 2018 filings anyway?

Would be an interesting distinction for the IRS to prove. Many independent contractors have their income reported on a 1099, so that isn't an indicator.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
We could start a tax thread to discuss taxes and racing....and probably should.
But the subject was going that way because of CDL related to taxes.
How does that get hashed out at the side of the road? Do they ask for tax forms? What if there are none to produce? Because you don't have winnings....or tax forms with you? CDL or not? Will they demand tax forms if you have a hearing?
I understand that authorities have brought taxes into the conversation when a CDL is in question. But how does that work?

I don't have any direct experience, but it is my understanding that they can access this information while parked behind you.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They got a few more today in the work parking lot. One was a warrant, another was pulling a trailer with a JD tractor on it. They weighed him and everything. The other one was a limo driver, probably checking for CDL on that one too. The first one went to jail the other two got tickets. Whether they were warnings or whatever I don't know. I was talking to a friend about this last week and he works for a company who does work for some drilling outfit. They have about 25 or so 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks, all diesel. Him and another guy were traveling from one site to another a while back and got stopped for going around a curve a little too fast. They (DOT) nailed them for speeding, but also for tampering with emission devices since ALL of their diesels have been "deleted", "tuned". I can only imagine what the fines were for 25 trucks. I noticed that the one guy pulling the JD today, they were looking under his pickup too. His was all stock best I could tell, later model Ford with the twin outlet exhaust that has the "intercooled" tips I guess they're called.

They're out in full force here....

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post