DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    ...And For Somerthing A Little Different
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

...And For Somerthing A Little Different
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I’ve read a number of comments on social media after the race, with opinions both pro and con. Of course, with it being held in southern California, you just knew it was going to be a show and more “Hollywood” than anything else, and for that, it didn’t disappoint.

Read more at https://dragracingactiononline...-a-little-different/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They should have made it dirt and since most of them own Late Model or Sprint Car teams, have them race "real race cars" on a 1/4 mile track. Logano, Busch, many others in a winged sprint car next to Kyle Larson, THAT would be must watch racing.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Unless he owns 2 tracks I think Eldora, which Tony owns, is in Ohio. Anyway the whole deal wasn't much. Where were the elecctric cars?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
They used to run 1/4mi. bull rings back in the glory days. Now in todays world they have to have a grand venue and make it an event more than a race. No different than the 4 wide at Charlotte you need a bigger tent and a bigger circus.
The one thing impressive is the weight of the cars, I'm not sure about the new cars but last year they were 3400 lbs. That's a lot of car to steer and stop on a small track. That said it makes the glory days more impressive considering the non power steering cars and simple brakes they had back then. As much as they try the glory days aren't coming back in NASCAR or drag racing.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post