DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    WDRA drops Darlington. Effective immediatly.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WDRA drops Darlington. Effective immediatly.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
https://www.facebook.com/dragc...deos/320685234046686

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
WDRA
·
NOTICE TO WDRA MEMBERS: Due to the WDRA safety and insurance violations that occured at Darlington Dragway over the weekend during a track rental event, WDRA has terminated the sanctioning agreement of Darlington Dragway effective today. WDRA members should be advised the WDRA excess medical program benefit for WDRA members is now that of a non-member track.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Another link for those who do not use Fakebook.
https://www.tiktok.com/@thebon.../7298350676948815150

Had heard that WDRA dropped them today and was wondering what that was about. Now we know. Stupid.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a bonehead fool
Could have been killed unless he landed on his head.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I think he had a helmet on. Lol.

It was a Stupid stunt and the track had to know about it and did nothing to stop it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
JJ is a clown and needs to join the circus

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Scuttlebutt is they were/are going Ihra for 2024. I imagine the rating cost has exponentially increased LMAO

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Tracks have always used entertainment to attract spectators and generate income. Been plenty of stunts at dragstrips during national events.

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Scuttlebutt is they were/are going Ihra for 2024. I imagine the rating cost has exponentially increased LMAO

That may be true but even IHRA may have to think about it after that stunt.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bad judgement on that one.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I had seen that earlier today & thought it was a dummy; I guess I was right.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2555 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago, I had either read or heard that Darlington was going back to IHRA anyway. I don't know why that decision was made. I can only guess a disagreement between the parties could have caused it.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Going IHRA or not, it doesn't excuse or dismiss the stupidity that happened on the track. Shame on JJ for participating in something so boneheaded that will have long term effects on the track and workers he leaves behind. Also, where in the world is the track manager or starter. ANYBODY with half a brain that could be the voice of reason.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 213 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Little Randy lives near me and that pales by some of his stunts. Jeff Miles is the track manager of Darlington I think formerly of Carolina and Memphis.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Certainly there are people here old enough to remember the Aussie that was dragged behind a dragster in the 80's?
Much more dangerous then this and nobody batted an eye!
I saw it happen at a few tracks in the SE, Bristol being one of them. There were no threats from IHRA!
A bunch of wusses here jumping on the wdra bandwagon!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Certainly there are people here old enough to remember the Aussie that was dragged behind a dragster in the 80's?
I saw it happen at a few tracks in the SE, Bristol being one of them. There were no threats from IHRA!

We have evolved and are smarter now (I hope.)

Add insurance companies and lawyers and watch everything gets cancelled.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Smarter now? I seriously doubt that!
WOKESTERS are ruining our nation!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Lawyers, insurance, cell phones and Facebook and this is big news.
Anyone find out if they were operating on the track's WDRA insurance? All of the traveling outdoor circus stuff didn't just happen this weekend. Did the WDRA and their insurance group not know things like this were going on at sanctioned tracks? There core group have been involved with sanctioned tracks that have been doing this for years. Suddenly they're concerned about safety at a non bracket event, what about safety at bracket events?

Posts: 1464 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bet that guy had never driven anything but a dragster...

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomR:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:

We have evolved and are smarter now (I hope.)

Add insurance companies and lawyers and watch everything gets cancelled.

Very good points I had not thought about. 20 Years ago we would have said "That is Stupid" and forgot about it.

Now we are like I can not believe he did that! Pull the tracks Sanctioning! Drop their insurance. We have changed how we look at stupid stuff like that myself included.

In the past we did not care if someone did something really stupid or if they paid the price for the stupidity. Now somebody has to pay.

Now with the lawyers and this society seems everyone else is responsible and has to pay or suffer consequences of the stupidity.

Maybe it is time we eliminate the lawyers, take all warning labels off and let nature take it course and weed out the shallow end of gene pool.

Humanity has peaked and we are going back wrong direction and we are becoming outnumbered by idiots........ And they are voting. And Reproducing more idiots.......

Every successful Country or even family's do not have more people or Import than they can afford to feed and support, that is difference between civilized Countries and Third World Countries.
You can see which direction America is going.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"