DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    website design priograms
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

website design priograms
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Anyone use a website design program or app. that yoy like and have had success with? I have to get something out to draw in some business. This social media thing that the world works off of is hard on old guys.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you can't spell or proofread your own post, you should sub it all out if looking for any success.

Best of luck going forward.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Blaming your age to convince yourself you don’t need to evolve in marketing practices is a horrible idea.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
If you can't spell or proofread your own post, you should sub it all out if looking for any success.

100%. He's not just saying that to break your balls. To all of you guys who think spelling & punctuation don't matter: it may not matter to YOU, but it screams "incompetent" to the people who do care, and those may be your customers. Let's face it... the difference in a quality build on a house, race engine or anything really is usually just a few extra steps that often times aren't even visible to the naked eye. I see an engine builder (who I believe does excellent work) post on social media all of the time and he types "b4" & "u" all of the time on posts promoting his business. How can you convince someone you are not going to take any shortcuts making sure their engine is perfect if you can't be bothered to type "before" & "you", especially on a post you are hoping will be seen by as many people as possible? MAYBE you had an excuse 20 years ago when we were typing on a Nokia phone and had to press a number 4 times to get one letter but it's so easy to type and proofread on todays devices, it just screams 'LAZY'.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 628 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
100% BALL breakers...site is becoming senior spelling bee?

If you think we are lazy...just wait on the next generations efforts. At lease we can write with our hands on paper vs pecking the chit out of a phone.

I don't care how you type, how much you F up, most can figure out what was said...dayumm.

HMMMM

Posts: 1753 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Is a pri-o-gram similar to a diagram? Laughing Hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
not blaming age for anything except needing to wear glass' when typing. Guess it must be awesome to be so damn perfect that you never hit two keys at the same time. you know like I and o which just happen to be side by side If you had to work your brain a little to figure it out. Great you are welcome for the chance to use it. If it offends you just hit the little key that lets you opt out. Guess that is too damn hard.

As for details on building houses or engines. That has a money value attached to it. Typing here does not. On website it would.

Amazing at the trouble some will go to just to show their astute ability to be an a$$. Guess figuring out a little typo was more than the brain could do for one day since no real info to give afterward.

A helpful tip on opinions. Read line one of the signature line below.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
not blaming age for anything except needing to wear glass' when typing. Guess it must be awesome to be so damn perfect that you never hit two keys at the same time. you know like I and o which just happen to be side by side If you had to work your brain a little to figure it out. Great you are welcome for the chance to use it. If it offends you just hit the little key that lets you opt out. Guess that is too damn hard.

As for details on building houses or engines. That has a money value attached to it. Typing here does not. On website it would.

Amazing at the trouble some will go to just to show their astute ability to be an a$$. Guess figuring out a little typo was more than the brain could do for one day since no real info to give afterward.

A helpful tip on opinions. Read line one of the signature line below.

If we were just looking to be an ass, we could have done it on any one of your posts because they are all like vomited alphabet soup. Just remember, you are the guy who came on here asking for opinions and M120 gave you a good one, but I shouldn't be surprised - you have a habit of coming on here, asking advice and then adding a bunch of comments on why you're not going to follow it. At my job we have dedicated social media people whose only job is to post things that make us look good & bring in business but if you think that all you need to do is download some magic app on your phone (the phone you posted a while back that you couldn't figure out how to use) and people are going to flock to your business and throw money at you, then go right ahead.... you're first mistake was thinking your opinion made a d a m n.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 628 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by M120:

100%. He's not just saying that to break your balls. To all of you guys who think spelling & punctuation don't matter: it may not matter to YOU, but it screams "incompetent" to the people who do care, and those may be your customers. Let's face it... the difference in a quality build on a house, race engine or anything really is usually just a few extra steps that often times aren't even visible to the naked eye. I see an engine builder (who I believe does excellent work) post on social media all of the time and he types "b4" & "u" all of the time on posts promoting his business. How can you convince someone you are not going to take any shortcuts making sure their engine is perfect if you can't be bothered to type "before" & "you", especially on a post you are hoping will be seen by as many people as possible? MAYBE you had an excuse 20 years ago when we were typing on a Nokia phone and had to press a number 4 times to get one letter but it's so easy to type and proofread on todays devices, it just screams 'LAZY'.

I couldn't have said it better myself, and agree 100%.

There is a regional promoter who puts on really good races, but the written communication is terrible. Rightly or wrongly, it does taint my opinion of those events to a degree. It's just not professional and changes the expectation of what you might be getting into.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So no you do not know of a program for building a website. Ok got it.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Any full Microsoft Office package has adequate tools to build your pages. Publisher in Office 2010 maybe?
I've used Front Page, I think, as the FTP utility to do a real basic website.

You'll recognize most of the stuff from being on the message boards.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My wife used wix for a website or two she made. I will say, nothing about it is easy

Also, in todays world, you want to set up the web page to be found by people who are searching for it. It needs to be tagged for search engine optimization (SEO). What is the point of a website that can’t be found?

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Goob and racerdude2054 thanks for helpful info.

I am thinking the wix deal may fit the bill here. Still looking at few. Agree with out search engine it is useless if nobody sees it.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1. The spelling and punctuation is 100% a valid point.
2. There are a TON of shopping cart options out there that are easy to use. I prefer Bigcommerce but I've also used Shopify and woocommerce. Shopify wasnt bad, I would use it again if I needed too, I was not a fan of woocommerce.

3. If you want to be successful with your website you're going to have to get off the no social media band wagon and figure it out or pay someone to do it for you. In todays world of Facebook and Instagram, social media marketing is far more impactful than SEO.

some HTML coding knowledge isnt required these days either with the more advanced CRMs but its still a very useful tool to have as well.

At the end of the day I look at building a website like fishing. The website is the bait, the customer is the fish, and your catch is when you get a customer checking out. If you want to catch more fish or bigger fish, you have to put the best bait available out.

You could also find someone to build a site for you. price will depend heavily on your needs, number of products, and how much information you can provide the builder.

------------------------------------------
killer of MT82s
Converter Guy

Posts: 23 | Location: Deland | Registered: December 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Not for a online store. Just advertising for company. Already working on social media stuff. well face book mainly, even with as much as I hate their politics.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
"Vomited alphabet soup"..... Laughing Hard

Billy gets my vote for best wordsmith of DRR

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
well face book mainly, even with as much as I hate their politics.

I'm not your source for internet knowledge, but it's my understanding Facebook is a dying media. The primary reason the Facebook company changed their name to Meta. While including Facebook, you might want to dig deeper to find the up and coming venues.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
well face book mainly, even with as much as I hate their politics.

I'm not your source for internet knowledge, but it's my understanding Facebook is a dying media. The primary reason the Facebook company changed their name to Meta. While including Facebook, you might want to dig deeper to find the up and coming venues.

Sure Facebook is dying but alot of choosing your social media medium depends on your target audience. TikTok is definitely the most popular right now. but my opinion on that demographic of user is 30-40 years old and younger, emphasis on the younger part. Facebook and instagram are pretty evenly spready across the age groups.

One also has to consider their own technical abilities in regards to content making when the OP chooses his medium of delivery for Social media

------------------------------------------
killer of MT82s
Converter Guy

Posts: 23 | Location: Deland | Registered: December 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
agree face book is losing ground as the top of social media. While Instagram is a possibility Tik tok good bad or indifferent will not happen. Before rhw you cannot let politics dictate business I will let it influence my choice and if there is a price to so be it.

I appreciate the helpful comments.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some thoughts:

A lot of hosting & domain name services offer free WEB software. If you just want to have a basic site with business name, contact info and a few pictures these would be fine. You have to have hosting and domain name services regardless so that's one option.

If you want to have more extensive site with a shopping cart etc you can look into Shopify, AmeriComerce etc. You will have to be pretty skilled though - so maybe just hire someone. Hiring it out will include getting your site & products to come up efficiently in Google search.

Facebook: you have to have a business page there. If your serious about any business, you need it. Get it done. You can do it yourself and it's free.

Regarding the comments on spelling etc: IMO it depends a lot on your product/service. If you something technical and unique you can get away with not-so-perfect grammar etc. BUT your tech specs about sizes, fitment, weights or whatever need to be better than your competition.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post