New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone help?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I did something stupid ( the ones of you that know me personally are not surprised by that statement!).

I bought a 1960 Chevrolet pickup from a guy in Dallas a couple of years ago. It just sat for a while and I finally got started on it, now I have it running like a new one!
The problem is I didn’t have the title put in my name, and now I have lost the title.I don’t remember the guy I bought it from name and I don’t know how to get ahold of him. The tag office can’t give me his name because of privacy laws.
Anybody know how I can go about getting a new title in my name.
Would I be better off just hiring a lawyer and let him take care of it?

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Do you got any cop buddies?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With the VIN you should be able to apply for a lost title?

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In Texas to apply for a lost title you need to have whoever the vehicle is currently registered to sign the application...

I do have a friend on the local police force I think I will ask him if he can run the vin for me.

Posts: 405 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do you know anyone who runs a tow truck or impound lot business. They can typically get a title fairly easily with the VIN number.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post