Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Jim Turner
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Jim Turner long time owner of Piedmont dragway and man behing NC drag racing hall of fame and the Greensboro drag expo. Pasted away today(i think its today). Lil brother called me around lunch to let me know.

His wife past ways a few years ago.

His sons Buuby and Jay Turner both in drag racing. Bubby with Roy Hill and Jay multi time NHRA top fuel Harley world Champion.

Great family long time members of drag racing community. He will be missed by many

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is a heartbreaker. My sister lived next door to Jims Mom for years and through that I have known them for years. I sure hope someone picks up his torch and continues his work with the Hall Of Fame and the Shriners Greensboro drag expo. This was as good as it gets. With him and Steve Earwood gone who in NC can carry the torch?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thank Bubby does alot with Hal;l of fame

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post