DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Nascar Racing in the Rain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nascar Racing in the Rain
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I came across a Facebook post where Nascar was racing in the rain and they just had a pretty big crash.So I asked,why are they racing in the rain?

Answer I got was because they are race car drivers, race car drivers race in the rain.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Firstly of course, F1, the most advanced cars, race in the rain. Along with Le Mans, etc., and Moto GP (only 2 wheels). One could argue that if racing is a proving grounds for auto advancement, and passenger cars go in the rain, then it might follow they should race in the rain. To further that thought is today's cars have traction control, stability control, magnetic ride control so why not develop these systems under racing conditions? Lastly, if the spectators have purchased a ticket and show up then maybe they're entitled to see a show. Bottom line, me, I don't care.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
The survey says: NASCAR fans love the wrecks. Kind of like the appearance of “hits” on this groups threads, even the worst threads here are reported as good.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Today’s race at NASCAR at COTA has been called due to inclement weather.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ole Goat
posted Hide Post
Don't care what Nascar does anymore

Posts: 288 | Location: Whaleyville Va | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
What's a Nascar?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
First NASCRAP race I have watched in years. It was not as boring as usual. I rather liked something other than just turning left.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty entertaining ! Chase is what they were doing to that Elliot kid! They were all hydroplaning at the end so they red flagged it. It was cool though.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
Compared to the snoozer race in Dover, the Texas road race was awesome! They're tweaking and improving things as they learn. I dig it..

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post